Postage

jholp

I have a couple of stripped lowers purchased recently and have selected the trigger assembly, springs, and pistol grip.

Looking for a lower parts package I find on Surplus Ammo.com the exact needed lower parts minus the trigger assembly, and pistol grip - perfect.

The parts are $29.00 which seems reasonable but the postage is $13.53, now I know postage these days is a bit high but really the postage is near %50 of parts.

Any ideas?

Here is another one of our sponsors that has one for $31
http://shop.ironworkstactical.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AOI%2DLPK

Okay, here is the list you sent me, I have annotated each if needed or not:

Black A2 Pistol Grip; after market pistol grip planned not needed

Pistol Grip Screw; could use this
Pistol Grip Lock Washer; could use this
Safety Selector, Selector Spring and Detent; need this

Trigger Guard and Roll Pin; Polymer lower does not need these
Magazine Catch, Spring and Button; Need thhese

Front Pivot Pin; Need this
Rear Take Down Pin; Need this
Two Take Down Detent; Need this
Two Take Down Spring; Need this

Bolt Catch, Plunger, Spring, and Roll Pin; Need these
Buffer Retainer Pin and Spring; Need these

Perhaps I could purchase each needed piece and just omit those I plan to use with aftermarket items?

Thanks,

John

Originally Posted By: jholpOkay, here is the list you sent me, I have annotated each if needed or not:

Black A2 Pistol Grip; after market pistol grip planned not needed

Pistol Grip Screw; could use this
Pistol Grip Lock Washer; could use this
Safety Selector, Selector Spring and Detent; need this

Trigger Guard and Roll Pin; Polymer lower does not need these
Magazine Catch, Spring and Button; Need thhese

Front Pivot Pin; Need this
Rear Take Down Pin; Need this
Two Take Down Detent; Need this
Two Take Down Spring; Need this

Bolt Catch, Plunger, Spring, and Roll Pin; Need these
Buffer Retainer Pin and Spring; Need these

Perhaps I could purchase each needed piece and just omit those I plan to use with aftermarket items?

Thanks,

John

Parts purchased onsie twosie doesn't yield you any spare parts and can sometimes be the same cost or more expensive (depending on the source) than a lower parts kit. I'd purchasing the LPK without trigger group linked above as they're economically priced and you'll end up with spare parts if you need them on other builds.

Thanks, I got close, no trigger mechanism, no pistol grip but all the other things and a couple of "extras" but no expensive item not to be used.

JoeBob, you are a real credit to this AR discipline, my trigger mechanism, pistol grip will be a separate order to none other than you !

John

Buy your trigger separately. Most of those that come with a LPK are in the 6 to 10 lb. range. You'll just end up buying a spring set to replace those in the kit. Or I guess, you could just buy the extra spring set. I got one from Joe Bobs Outfitters for $11 ish and brought the trigger pull down to 4 lb. I was looking for that weight class to shoot Across the Course (XTC). Besides, if you spend $100 bucks (maybe a little less) the shipping is free.

Last edited:
Back