rock river lar-8

varminter185

Alright, I have a question about my lar-8 .308 Realistically, what Expectation of accuracy should I expect or accept from the rifle. Its a 1:10 midlength a4 upper. 16" barrel. I have on top a burris a-332 3x I can hit the 12 inch plate at 300 consistently, and I have put many rounds down range developing a new load. And its consistently throwing 3 together and one off. But with the most recent it is throwing four in a nice 1 or less if I do my part. Lowest was .765 inch circle, so I settled on that particular load for now. Gotta pay to feed the other rifles too. Should I call it good? Or settle for now and try different bullets because im limited by the magazine for seating depth, 2.815 max.

Originally Posted By: varminter185Nobody has any input? Can the lar-8 .308 do better than this?

Theoretically ...yes. But anytime I can get a rifle that isn't a dedicated bench gun to shoot .765" I call it good. Your standards may vary. You measuring the groups from the center of the holes or outside-to-outside?

Center to center the farthest 2apart. Its not a bench gun, just wondering if I was missing something or if my expectations of my first ar were off? I shoot an encore and a bolt action... dont think a stock semi can match but ive been wrong before

Originally Posted By: HidalgoOriginally Posted By: varminter185Nobody has any input? Can the lar-8 .308 do better than this?

Theoretically ...yes. But anytime I can get a rifle that isn't a dedicated bench gun to shoot .765" I call it good. Your standards may vary. You measuring the groups from the center of the holes or outside-to-outside?

You must be a mind reader. Because that's pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

I called it good and loaded up 50 rounds in with 4064, when the barnes ttsx 150 are gone I was going to try out another manufacturer. Any suggestions. Like to stay in the 150 range and. Using this for mule deer

Back