LC 62gr. Green Tip

pyscodog

I know its a dumb question, but what are they?
unsure.gif

Originally Posted By: nastynatesfishYa called penetrators. Not usually very accurate compared to regular bullets in my stuff. Ricochet bad off steel targets too.

or shoot a hole through them!

I bought some bulk ammo from a guy and as I sorted it, there were some in the bunch. Never shot it, seen it but never shot it. Good for zombies?

Quote:Not usually very accurate compared to regular bullets in my stuff.

Sorry to hear that. What twist? Finally found some to try in my 1:7 twist AR. It isn't terribly fond of the 55 gr. bullets so figured to try the longer green tip.

Strangely enough the 30-06 GI AP was more accurate than the M2 ball in most rifles; was hoping that might be the case w/the 5.56.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWhat were they intended for? Why are they still for sale? Seems to me they are almost worthless other than plinking.

They were made to penetrate light body armor. They have a small steel "penetrator" in them.

They are not very accurate.

They are currently being dumped on the market by ATK because we are winding down from the middle east military actions and they are now a drug on the market - you can buy them for less than the price of the separate components.

The brass is excellent.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWhat were they intended for? Why are they still for sale? Seems to me they are almost worthless other than plinking.

Military use. Surplus. Yep, pretty much.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: ackleymanOriginally Posted By: nastynatesfishYa called penetrators. Not usually very accurate compared to regular bullets in my stuff. Ricochet bad off steel targets too.

or shoot a hole through them!
I shoot 12-16" 316ss pipe blanks that are pulled from service at our acid plant. I don't worry about stuff going through lol

It was about 3" group out of my 1-7 20" bushmaster upper. Shot a little better in my 1-8 sometimes but I'd call them luck of the draw groups. That when you shoot 20 and just circle the ones closest to each other lol. Call the rest sighters

Back