8# kegs of powder

NorTex250

Just stoppedd in the LGS and they had 8# jugs of H4350, H4831, and 7828.

They also had every powder Hodgdon makes in 1# tubs except the one I was looking for.

Wish that was the case around here. It's been so long since I've seen one, I was beginning to think that they quit offering powder in 8# kegs .........
blink.gif

Originally Posted By: HidalgoWish that was the case around here. It's been so long since I've seen one, I was beginning to think that they quit offering powder in 8# kegs .........
blink.gif

When this all settles down and it will... I'm buying all my powders in 8 pounders from now on.

Last edited:
I have been getting Hodgdon around central Texas for 160.00-170.00 for 8 lb's. Bought two CFE 223 about 2 months ago for 330.00 out the door. Since then I have seen better prices than that.
I know a place near San Antonio that a couple of weeks ago had at least 25-30 8 lb container's and about any flavor you wanted all priced in the 150.00 range except the Vihtavuori which they had quite a bit of but it was 190.00 range

Powder is essentially non-existant in Anchorage, and by extension, here.

Back in May I made a purchase from a fellow on GB for 29 pounds of various powders. It cost $40 to ship from Georgia to Seattle, then $295 to ship from there to the freight dock here. Took only 30 days from day it left Georgia.

I just made another order from same fellow to round out my supply. Should be good for the winter. It hurts, but I want to play, so I gots to pay.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: NorTex250The stuff I saw today was $230 a keg. That is much better.

$230 a keg much better? It's supposed to be cheaper if you buy 8 pounds compared to 1 pounders. I wouldn't buy from that gouger again.

Yeah... I meant the prices venatic saw were much better. I guess I took for granted that would be obvious.

Powder has been high since I started reloading so I guess I'm not as sensitive to it. When I see something I need I buy it, I don't buy any more than I have to but I don't go without it.

I wasnt excited about the price but if it is hitting the shelves the prices will get better.

Last edited:
My bad. I wasn't following the narrative in order. But you are right, if you need it what are you to do. But the gougers have a special place in hèll reserved I hope.

Powder here at the local store is pretty good.H4895,H4350,H4831 and H4831sc, IMR 4350 and 4064,H322,H335. All in 8lb. kegs. I picked up an 8# keg of H4895 for $175 out the door.

Now if I can only find a keg of IMR8208!!
cursing.gif

Originally Posted By: varmit_masterI pick up a 8 pd of imr 4831. I have seen h335 a4350 4064 4831sc . Which I could find a 8 pd keg of h4895 for my 204.

Too bad your not closer to WV. The store I go to has a couple more 8lb. kegs of H4895.

We just came thru there sight seeing coming back from Richmond Virginia. I couldn't get my 22 250 to shoot varget good I went with RL15. I have a unopened 8 pd keg of varget and some 1 pd can too. I would like to have a 8 pd keg of h4895. I am going to buy a case of 10 cans of h4895 24.00 a can. Cheaper by the 8.

Back