Need opinions on cheaper ARs

Originally Posted By: FairChase93Do you have a Diamondback.

If this question was directed back to me (?), I did have one until recently.
Financial obligations forced me to let loose of it, my 870 Express & my .22 revolver.
mad.gif

However, if I ever get the chance to get another AR, I will get another Diamondback.
Loved everything about the one I had.
smile.gif

Yes Canislatrans54 it was a question for you. Sorry for not clarifying that. Right now It's down to the Oracle and the DB 15 so I was just curious how it shot and how the factory trigger was.

DPMS oracle all the way, its a very reliable and accurate gun. Mine started as an oracle, and later i free floated the barrel, pistol grip etc and its been a serious tack driver. I would buy another without a second thought.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FairChase93Yes Canislatrans54 it was a question for you. Sorry for not clarifying that. Right now It's down to the Oracle and the DB 15 so I was just curious how it shot and how the factory trigger was.

Admittedly, this was the 1st, (and as yet only) AR I have ever had the chance to shoot.
I had mine topped w/Nikon 3x9x40BDC ProStaff5 scope....and once I got it dialed in, IMHO it shot quite well.
Shooting as I would in the field: sitting w/rifle on shooting sticks...@ 100 yd shooting range, I could put 5 shots (NOT rapid fire) inside a 50 cent piece. I have NO doubt that the rifle could do better. I'm quite certain that the issue was me.
wink.gif

As far as the trigger...the only thing I have to compare to is my old Stevens 200 bolt gun, or shotguns.
For my tastes, the factory setting was just right. But, then I wouldn't really know any better, since I've never shot a gun where the trigger had been adjusted differently.

Thanks for all the advice. We ended up with a little more buying power than we originally thought and decided to order a Rock River Arms Predator Pursuit.

My first AR was an DPMS Oracle. Never had any trouble out of it and it served its purpose well. Great weapon for the price IMO.

Back