Redding Powder Measure ?

tred1956

Hi,
I have a (I believe) a BR-3 and use the slide on adapter to reduce to 17 and 20 calibers. My problem is when I went to remove it to go back to standard tube, the standard tube cracked. It is still functional but I am afraid to keep trying to remove it. I believe it may break off. Has anyone else had such an issue? Is the original tube replaceable? If so HOW? Could I use a dry lubricant such as graphite once problem is resolved? Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Doug

Originally Posted By: tred1956Hi,
I have a (I believe) a BR-3 and use the slide on adapter to reduce to 17 and 20 calibers. My problem is when I went to remove it to go back to standard tube, the standard tube cracked. It is still functional but I am afraid to keep trying to remove it. I believe it may break off. Has anyone else had such an issue? Is the original tube replaceable? If so HOW? Could I use a dry lubricant such as graphite once problem is resolved? Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Doug

I have three Redding powder measures - a BR-3, a BR-30, and a 10-X...

I found the adapters on the Redding site.

The original drop tube is replaceable - $8.00 (I broke one). They are not glued in or threaded - they pull straight out. I did use a pliers, cuz they are in tight.

Graphite will help a lot on the replacement.

Before you get the Redding tube...

... look at the Sinclair International drop tubes. More better stuff.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloading-equipment/powder-handling/index.htm?k=drop+tubes&ksubmit=y

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I do like the looks of the Sinclair. But if I break the factory drop tube removing the reducer I have on now, want I have to replace it to use the Sinclair adapter and drop tubes?

Thanks
Doug

Originally Posted By: tred1956Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I do like the looks of the Sinclair. But if I break the factory drop tube removing the reducer I have on now, want I have to replace it to use the Sinclair adapter and drop tubes?

Thanks
Doug

I am not sure - call their customer service people... they are very good.

Hi,
Thanks to all for the advice. Factory drop tube (new one coming from Redding-covered by warranty) must be removed to use aftermarket ones. Like the looks of the Possum Hollow the best. It has changeable inserts for the same tube. If I go with Sinclair a new tube must be purchased for each size change. Does anyone have any experience with the Possum Hollow?
Thanks to all
Doug

Back