anybody Jump on the 6 X 68 upper yet.

I tried some 8208 and a long load the other day. This one shows some promise.

scan0034-crop2-Copy.jpg

Greg

Originally Posted By: BurkyLittle twiking and you can get that group down under .60moa nice group

Yep. A bit less sweat in my eyes and not shooting off a pick up tail gate will help a bunch. LOL

I know it will do that already with several loads but I really like that bullet.

Greg

Can't wait to get my 6x68 upper! Should be a fun gun to shoot and looks to be accurate enough to shoot a few varmints.

Originally Posted By: cjg_beefJust got my 6x68 in the mail today. I'll post some pictures when I get it to the range.

That will be neat. Looking forward to it. How much ammo did you get?

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: cjg_beefJust got my 6x68 in the mail today. I'll post some pictures when I get it to the range.

That will be neat. Looking forward to it. How much ammo did you get?

Greg

I got 250 rounds of 58 grain vmax's. I just shot it yesterday and it shoots like a dream. After I got it on paper I shot a little bitty group that anyone would be tickled with. Got it zeroed for coyotes and just need to call in one.
smile.gif
I'd like to shoot the heavier bullets like the 75-85 grain bullets as these shot really well in my .243 but these 58 grain bullets are shooting really well.

[/quote]

I got 250 rounds of 58 grain vmax's. I just shot it yesterday and it shoots like a dream. After I got it on paper I shot a little bitty group that anyone would be tickled with. Got it zeroed for coyotes and just need to call in one.
smile.gif
I'd like to shoot the heavier bullets like the 75-85 grain bullets as these shot really well in my .243 but these 58 grain bullets are shooting really well. [/quote]

I'm glad to hear that the 58's are working. Those can really be pumped up with CFE 223 powder and are real screamers. The 75 VMAX shoot very well in mine over RL15.

Greg

Last edited:
I got some time on the range with the 6X6.8 this past week trying out some heavier bullets. I was looking for a deer possibility and something that had a bit more leg for the mid-range 500 yard F-Class matches I had been shooting. I wanted a BC that was higher than the 87 grain Hornady HPBT’s I have been shooting and the Bergers were looking god in that department.

I shot the Nosler and Berger 95's and found out quickly that the Nosler had a much higher pressure with the same charge thanks to the bearing surface. I got early pressure indications on the Noslers and on the Bergers it showed me I had some cushion left. A high pressure load in Phoenix in the mid-80’s could be disastrous at 115 in July so I need to revisit that bullet later. in Phoenix.

My two good powders were the RL 15 and IMR 8208 XBR. The IMR 8208 just keeps delivering for me on everything from the 6X45 to the 243 LBC and in between. I am very pleased with the numbers and the pressures. I think that the newer CFE 223 powder will give it a run in both departments so I will test it soon

Here is a pair to look at that indicated I might have a good LR candidate in this bullet.

95BERGERRL15.jpg

95BERGER8208.jpg

I'll be looking at some 58 and 70 grain loads in the near future as I want a super PD round for next year so I can reach out and touch a few.

Greg

I have a 6-6.8 that I bought used and had my buddy who is a gunsmith redo to my liking. It shoots the 58 grain hornady's into less than .5 inch. I killed a coyote pup two weeks ago at 300+ yards with night vision. Due to the fact that night vision kills your sense of distance I wanted a super flat shooting rifle. This guns does all that! Now to see what it will do with 70 and 75 grain pills.

Last edited:
It will be adequate. Ritch's son killed an antelope at 664 yards with one and a 90 grain Berger.

Greg

PS: I Only own three of them.

I just finished my 18 in build and shot it today to adjust the gas block and get it on paper. Only shot at 50 yrds but it was very pleasant to shoot I think the adjustable gas block really is a big improvement hopefully tomorrow I can site it in, im shooting the 58gr vmax for now.

Can anyone with the 6x6.8 update this post with their results? I have been kicking around this in my mind for a while but would like real world results. Especially in regards to 58 grain v-maxs and max velocities achieved.

Originally Posted By: harlanjeredCan anyone with the 6x6.8 update this post with their results? I have been kicking around this in my mind for a while but would like real world results. Especially in regards to 58 grain v-maxs and max velocities achieved.

Lets see it's kllling coyotes in several threads here. COYOTES 58 VMAX are running around 3550 out of a 22" gun and 3300 from a 16". Factory ammunition is available. You could also check out the BHW proboards Forum where Ritch is an administrator and he and I write extensively about it.

Greg

Last edited:
Thank you! 3550 out of a 16inch? That's up my alley, probably 3650 in an 18 inch. I will likely be calling rich soon. Have been scouring the net, most posts I've found are older and know a lot of people are using it daily.

Originally Posted By: harlanjeredThank you! 3550 out of a 16inch? That's up my alley, probably 3650 in an 18 inch. I will likely be calling rich soon. Have been scouring the net, most posts I've found are older and know a lot of people are using it daily.

I had to adjust that. I'm use to my gun and plugged in the 16" as that's what Ritch shoots.

Greg

Back