Tikka vs Winchester M70

I have owned both, and I would take the Tikka hands down. The Tikka I owned was absolutely the most accurate rifle I have ever fired.

Tell you what ....... pick up a Tikka and work the bolt. You'll be hooked. They have the smoothest action I've ever felt.

the only thing I did not like about the tikka I owned was the ergonomics/ fit,

but I am a very overgrown farm boy, and finding anything that fits me very good is tough.

I like the new South Carolina Winchesters - smooth and they shoot well.

Plus, you can just drop a round in and feed it like it was a push-feed rifle.

I have not had the latest Carolina Winchester, but I can vouch for the Tikka after owning 7 now. They perform nicely.

Originally Posted By: CatShooterI like the new South Carolina Winchesters - smooth and they shoot well.

Plus, you can just drop a round in and feed it like it was a push-feed rifle.

They look good too, I especially like the ones with a good looking stick of wood on them!

The Model 70 will be nicer, I really like mine. I have looked at a lot of Tikka's but never shot one. Just based on what Tikka owners seem to say across the board, the odds are that the Tikka will be more accurate. I really like my extreme weather, but a tack driver it isn't, at least by today's web standards. It is a solid 1.25" to 1.75" gun. I let myself agonize over this for a long time, even thought about selling it for a while, then I said "Self, are you really going to sell a rifle that you really like, most likely at a loss, over a separation in bullet holes half the length of the first joint of your thumb?" More especially, since I will never most likely have a need to shoot past 250 yds in a life time of KY deer hunting. So I say all steel, all American Winchester.

John Wayne didn't tell Ben Johnson to break out the Tikka's in the movie Chisum did he?

James Pepper: What are you going to do?

John Simpson Chisum: What I had done twenty-five years ago. Pat, get the men out of South Camp. Trace, you round up everybody that can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters!

Originally Posted By: FurhunterJohn Wayne didn't tell Ben Johnson to break out the Tikka's in the movie Chisum did he?

John Simpson Chisum: What I had done twenty-five years ago. Pat, get the men out of South Camp. Trace, you round up everybody that can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters!

Just think what they could have done if they had Chevy pickups instead of horses.
wink.gif

While I am admittedly a "traditionalist" with some things, guns ain't one of them. Either it shoots good or it don't. And unless it's some sort of star-wars-looking POS I am really not enamored with looks when it's a hunting gun. The Tikkas I have owned will out shoot most Winchesters I have had. And that's a fact. They aren't as traditional looking, and they ain't as purty, but I've never heard an animal complain about the looks of the gun that you just shot them with .......

Originally Posted By: FurhunterJohn Wayne didn't tell Ben Johnson to break out the Tikka's in the movie Chisum did he?

You made me laugh out loud!!

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: FurhunterJohn Wayne didn't tell Ben Johnson to break out the Tikka's in the movie Chisum did he?

You made me laugh out loud!!

lol.gif

It was just that.. Meant to bring a chuckle!

Originally Posted By: HidalgoOriginally Posted By: FurhunterJohn Wayne didn't tell Ben Johnson to break out the Tikka's in the movie Chisum did he?

Just think what they could have done if they had Chevy pickups instead of horses.
wink.gif

While I am admittedly a "traditionalist" with some things, guns ain't one of them. Either it shoots good or it don't. And unless it's some sort of star-wars-looking POS I am really not enamored with looks when it's a hunting gun. The Tikkas I have owned will out shoot most Winchesters I have had. And that's a fact. They aren't as traditional looking, and they ain't as purty, but I've never heard an animal complain about the looks of the gun that you just shot them with .......

Come on now.. Let's not let that hamstring effect your sense of humor! LOL

I do like the T3 lite. I've often thought about one in 223. If they sold one in 17rem I'd lay the cash down this afternoon.

Originally Posted By: Furhunter
Come on now.. Let's not let that hamstring effect your sense of humor! LOL

I do like the T3 lite. I've often thought about one in 223. If they sold one in 17rem I'd lay the cash down this afternoon.

Awe ... my sense of humor is a little slooooow this morning.
huh.gif
lol.gif

The T3 Lite is a good rifle. My best shooter was the T3 Varmint Stainless in a .223. It shot cloverleafs at 100 yards and did very well on the PD shoot I took it on.

I'm not a Winny downer. They're good guns and my first high-power rifle was a .30-30 lever gun. Killed a lot of deer and 2 hogs with that little rifle.

I would go the gun shop and buy the one that fit me the best. I like wood stocks the best so that is a big part on my decision making.

I have a tikka t-3 in7mm-08. I bought it the first year they became available. Love everything about the gun and I would highly recommend it. By the way you can single feed a round through the action do it all the time and my nephew does it with his 30-06.

I took a Winchester M. 70 Feather Weight Compact
thumbup.gif
over the Tika that I looked at. I Like wood stocks as I have to cut every rifle I buy down to my LOP.

The Tika
thumbdown.gif
I looked at was terrible, action was rough as a cob and loose as a goose. Plus it didn't have a wooden stock.
thumbdown.gif

Back