Wildlife technologies MA-MAX

Holy smokes it weighs 7.5lbs..... In the specs WT claims 130DB@21VDC..... 10 AAs rechargeable are 12VDC which makes you wonder what the real DBs are.... Before anyone gets worked up, I'm sure it's plenty loud and has good sound quality, just not 130DB loud... Gary C and the AZ boys started a trend when they added planar tweeters to their Foxpros.... Now all the cool kids are doing it, except Minaska.....

Always better with a picture.
specs_ma_max1__27668.1407859159.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
My questions (as an owner of a Wildlife Technologies Mighty Atom and a FOXPRO Krakatoa and Krakatoa II) are:

1) can I add my own sounds as promised 4 years ago?
2) is the remote backlit
3) I own the Krakatoa and Krakatoa II AND the mighty atom 21. From WT website "• The MA series produces ear shattering volume while maintaining crystal clear sound. It is 3 to 5 times louder than any known wildlife caller." Total Bull $#|+

Last edited:
I had always liked the two Mylar speakers on my Shockwave and my friend in Ohio fixed me up with a Planar speaker for my CS24C. I look for any edge I can get to kill a coyote and the Planar speaker works for me.

Very easy to install---you just plug it in to the external speaker jack and your ready to go. It's really small and I have mine fixed on top on the speaker on of my CS24C.

Last edited:
R15 Predator is telling the pure unvarnished truth. If any of you guys want to hear the difference, set a Mighty Atom and a Krakatoa II down with the Mighty Atom closer to you. Turn the Mighty Atom up as loud as possible, and then turn the Krakatoa II on and gradually bring up the volume until it drowns out the Mighty Atom, all done with total clear sound. And you can program your own caller. Finally, the TX-1000 remote that comes with the Krakatoa II is so far superior to the Mighty Atom remote in every aspect.

What possumal said.

I am a former WT user. You can't believe what they say or put any faith in what they put in writing.

I switched to FoxPro several years back and have found thier products and SERVICE to be 5 star.

Originally Posted By: Yote Yoda USMCI had always liked the two Mylar speakers on my Shockwave and my friend in Ohio fixed me up with a Planar speaker for my CS24C. I look for any edge I can get to kill a coyote and the Planar speaker works for me.

Very easy to install---you just plug it in to the external speaker jack and your ready to go. It's really small and I have mine fixed on top on the speaker on of my CS24C.

Can you check with your friend in Ohio for more info as to manufacturer,part number, etc for the planar speaker he hooked you up with?
We'd appreciate it if you'd share.
These look a little hard to carry: http://www.magnepan.com
Thanks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Airedale56Originally Posted By: Yote Yoda USMCI had always liked the two Mylar speakers on my Shockwave and my friend in Ohio fixed me up with a Planar speaker for my CS24C. I look for any edge I can get to kill a coyote and the Planar speaker works for me.

Can you check with your friend in Ohio for more info as to manufacturer,part number, etc for the planar speaker he hooked you up with?
We'd appreciate it if you'd share.
These look a little hard to carry: http://www.magnepan.com
Thanks.

+1 on that

I hate to keep howling for help but here it goes

LowTempGuru clean up on aisle 13 please!!

He will put you on the right track. The one I have weighs 2 or 3 oz. and is very small.

Last edited:
I have not heard from him. I think he got the speaker at Radio Shack. Its a Planar speaker and it's about the size of a 50 cent coin. Weighs about 2 or 3 oz.. He put a short wire on it that plugs into my external speaker socket and it works great.

You can just lay it there or mount it. I used camo wrap on my CS24C speaker and ran the little wire under that and the speaker just lays flat on top of the CS24C speaker.

Originally Posted By: lowtempguruIn the specs WT claims 130DB@21VDC..... 10 AAs rechargeable are 12VDC which makes you wonder what the real DBs are....

I have been led to believe that good AA batteries are 1.5V. The MA21 uses 14 AAs or a rechargeable pak that is comparable or slightly higher voltage. I don't know for sure, but even though it is listed as using 10AAs I suspect that the new Max uses the same 14 AA (a ten plus four) battery paks. Anyone talked to WT about this?

My Krakatoa II uses two FoxPro ten AA paks. Lots of power, lots of volume. I probably play it too loud most of the time. LOL

Back