Snares & Full Metal Jacket Dip

Hotlead243

Does anyone know if I use FMJ for my snares,do I have to clean them first if they are brand new. Can I leave the oils that are on them when I buy them new from a trapping supplier.

I usually put them in the dish washer. I have found that after doing so they are not as fast to trigger.

I heard that some trappers don't even wash them.

Your thoughts???

i boil mine in bakeing soda then dye youre snares not being as fast is common you need to load them before you use them thats what makes them fast i dont like to dip snares in anything just remove the grease from the wire dye and go to work thats just me full metal jacked might slow your snares up more just load them after you boil.

Old thread i would like to dig up...I was making snares the other day, I have always boiled the cable "500' loosely spooled" in baking soda, and cold soaked them in black walnuts until I got the color I like. But this year I'm trying something different. I still made 10 or so dozen just boiled in baking soda, but I also made just as many that I spray painted natural dead grass colors and then dipped them in Full Metal Jacket. Let me tell you want guys...I thought I could build a fast loaded snare, ya FMJ made them faster! And they look killer... It will "kinda" gum up the swivels but just one full spin by hand and they are fine. I love FMJ on my steel land traps and I think I'm gonna love my painted snares dipped in FMJ. I highly recommend the stuff.

I wash snares with hot water and dawn dish soap,rinse,dry out in the sun a couple days and dip in the full metal jacket. Kills the shine and speeds up the locks.

Originally Posted By: Linvol WebbDon't boil removes the oil. Just spray paint or dip in f-1. If you don't keep snare over go a head and boil. My 2 cent for sure don't boil them if you plan to save them for next year. Rust city

Back