Sig 516 barrel replacement.

migolito

I have a Sig 516 patrol with a 16" barrel that I reload for. I'm getting 2950ish with 55 gr TTSX 27.5 gr CFE223. I'd like mo speed. So, since this is a hot max load, my other option is to add more barrel. I'd like to get away with just a barrel and not an upper. Can anyone rx a good cal compliant 20" barrel. I'd like to stick with a lite barrel, or fluted. I'm new to Coyote hunting with my AR.

I would go with a Black Hole Weaponry barrel. They have fluting options as well as light weight profiles. You would also be able to custom order your barrel to YOUR specs, not just what they have on the shelf some where else. You would also have a choice of finish. Black oxide, Satin, machine finish, or polished. Of course all are made from 461 Stainless and are match grade.

Last edited:
One other thing is the polygonal rifling of the Black Hole barrel will be faster than a standard Enfield rifled barrel wuth less pressure due to less bullet friction and deformation. You'll find they are virtually fouling of copper.

Accuracy is unreal with many groups way under an MOA in all of the dozen plus I own and shoot.

Greg

You might take a look at AR Performance barrels. Melonite barrels with a Wylde chamber.

http://ar15performance.com/barrels

BTW....the Sig is a short stroke piston upper and they do not sell any after market barrels. I would make sure whatever barrel you are using is mil spec so that you won't have any issues with installation. It will most likely void your warranty also.

Back