Armasight CO-MR-QS-MG. UPDATED 8/9 w results.

5spd

Field usage will be coming this weekend if all goes well.

A pal bought this setup the other day & wanted it to be the white phosphor view. Hooked up to one of my rigs and I am very surprised how good this Clip On is when I have never looked through a WP NV scope until yesterday. Armasight brand. He will be happy if its a 300 yard rig for nights.
He did not want a dedicated NV scope or want to drop $2500 or more. He wanted a rig he can swap off his .220 swift to his .243 AR10 with ease.
He bought the couplers with it to go over his 44 & 50mm objectives. They fit very nicely and a quick slip on and change of inserts it clamped right to my scope.
The scope screws to the coupler giving it a rock steady mount.
I could not wiggle it anyway & thought it may have to much leverage up front that it will tweak a scope. Its does not.

So far the viewing in my long basement has it very detailed VS the green standard NV rigs. There is no sparkling, no black spots, and when the IR is on I can see every line perfectly on him standing at the other end of the basement, (**bolt removed, no ammo near the rig**)
To my pal & I it has a blue/white tint, not a black & white as aramsight says it does.
I had to check 3x to insure it was not a 3rd gen that's how good it is so far.
The IR is small & that attaches to the unit and with it on I can see lines in his ol mug.
I don't think it will be good past 100yds just dinking around with it, 3 settings from low to high and they all look the same through the scope, but from the other end you can see a low red glow to a bright glow, so it does seem to work, but to my eye from the scope end I see no difference. Its also beam adjustable.
What it will do when outside in the dark waits to be seen.

You will want to try a bright IR like the T-20 or LLTL-001 to max out the range. A high quality day scope makes a huge difference too.

^^^^Thanks guys, its on a good Nikon and I have 2 IR lights I use on my D740 night rig that I will use to compare w/the issued one that he got w/the scope.

Review Results:

DISMAL. A DOT NOT BUY scope...........IMO
Target: My Shockwave w/decoy tail on it.
1st at 50 yards.
2nd at 80 yards.

I was able to get the unit out last night calling.
Reset it up at dark 30, No moon yet.
Checked it at 50 yards, nice & sharp BUT not nearly as clear as it was when I pre set it up on the gun in my basement.
I had to readjust the IR and when on I can make out my target clearly.
With the IR off its hard to see clearly, but can still make it out.
View was pretty fuzzy

80 yards:
IR that is included w/the package is just about useless at 80 yards.
Yes it did illuminate, but just by a small margin. This was on high.
I had to refocus at 80 yards from my 50 yard setting, then I looked back at a 50 yard post and it was fuzzy.
If you have to focus for each range its not going to be good.
At 80 yards I can see my target pretty good after looking for it.
The scope view is not sharp/clear in this 2+ gen unit.
The IR that comes with it at 80yds is a joke...IMO.

Focus lever, Contrast, IR light are hard to make quick adjustments since you have to reach 2/3rd the way up the barrel to find in the dark, then try to adjust.
Focus lever is either in or out of focus, no in betweens.

Field review:
This cost me 2 coyotes Saturday night.
Full moon now.
I had 2 coyotes within 100 yards for 45 min.
I can see 1 perfectly at maybe 70 yards in my thermal sitting behind the call I have out at 37 steps. Looking in the scope and I cant see it at all, recheck my thermal and say its right there shoot.
Looking w/IR on...not a thing can be seen, no glowing eyes or body shape seen.
This is in a open turned field.
I tried to focus the scope on them, but that didn't help at all.
Coyote moves off and I fail to see it moving in the scope, dang it w/my d740 I would of had both shot by now.
Both dogs go into the hay field and I can barley see them in the thermal, but they are coming in closer.
They pop out at maybe 50 yards and big as day in my thermal.
I put the Armasight on them and NOPE, nothing can be seen with the IR on or off.
Im not a happy camper looking through the white phosphor scope at all.
They leave the area.

Side by side test:
D740 3rd gen+ NO comparison, D740 beat it like micheal jackson.
Armasight C0-MR-QS-MG....lost as bad as Obama runs his office.

I move and set up in a pasture and have cows at 100 yards.
OK so I test looking for them through the Armasight scope and w/the full moon out all I can see are fuzzy black spots that blend in with the hill side.
This 2nd gen+ white phosphorous unit is worthless again IMO.
Refocus did nothing to sharpen them out at all. Its like looking at a blank hill.
I toss up my d740 and they are perfectly seen, just like in the daylight with your eyes. I can count how many & can see the fence line, tall grasses, posts, gates & no focusing.
Put the Armasight up and see a bunch of nothing. I tried to refocus, nothing helps.
IR on & its not helping at all again.

Bottom line IMO buy a dedicated 3rg gen scope or 3rd gen clip on.
I would also have to say pass on a white phosphorus unit also.
Reported back to my pal and he is packing it all up and luckily they have a 30 day return policy so he can get a refund.

I know that's disappointing for you and it's disappointing to read your review too. That's a lot of money for a scope that doesn't work. At least you know what the Gen 3 is capable of and no doubt it is good.

Thank you for the time and effort in doing the review and for sharing.

Second that. I am guessing its a 50 yard bait sit rig at best. I tried the atn version and it was like looking through a fish bowl. Nice review thanks for sharing. a bullet camera would be better.

Moon was incredible last night with pvs14 and the coyote pups were out on their own!

Originally Posted By: Mr BenelliSecond that. I am guessing its a 50 yard bait sit rig at best. A bullet camera would be better.

Yep, by the sound of it, my $102 bullet camera will outperform it.

I have a CO-MR Gen 2+ HD clip on.I do know the HD tubes are made by another company as opposed to your standard CO-MR's.Don't know on the WP. So...
The Bad:
My impressions with the supplied IR was a waste of a good battery.I will end up using it on my helmet.
The refocus issue 5spd mentions has to be one of my biggest gripes.
Its kind of any ugly unit.
Not enough clarity(Even full moon) to get that perfect kill shot and ID. I'm using a a Nightforce NXS,so cheesy glass isnt the issue.
The Good:
I picked up a T20 IR and wow night and day difference...Clarity and distance was 10x. Doing a test on a cardboard coyote I cut out..Piece of cake to shoot at 200 yards.
Almost Zero POI shift,I was very impressed with this.I shot a group on a 2" paster at 200 before it got dark,put the unit on and waited til dark.Couldn't tell the difference,paster just wasn't a super crisp Gen3/day scope image.
Its surely not Gen3 but neither is the cost.For right around 2k i'm happy.
If you can afford Gen3..do it.The thing that's cool with this unit is I plan on keeping it for friends to go with and use,so I'm not flying solo all the time.

Overwatcher said:
I have a CO-MR Gen 2+ HD clip on.I do know the HD tubes are made by another company as opposed to your standard CO-MR's.Don't know on the WP. So...
The Bad:
My impressions with the supplied IR was a waste of a good battery.I will end up using it on my helmet.
Not enough clarity(Even full moon) to get that perfect kill shot and ID. I'm using a a Nightforce NXS,so cheesy glass isnt the issue.
The Good:
I picked up a T20 IR and wow night and day difference...Clarity and distance was 10x. Doing a test on a cardboard coyote I cut out..Piece of cake to shoot at 200 yards.
Almost Zero POI shift,I was very impressed with this.I shot a group on a 2" paster at 200 before it got dark,put the unit on and waited til dark.Couldn't tell the difference,paster just wasn't a super crisp Gen3/day scope image.
If you can afford Gen3..do it.The thing that's cool with this unit is I plan on keeping it for friends to go with and use,so I'm not flying solo all the time.
I'm a night vision hunter want-a-be but I know almost nothing about it. If I understand this right, I plan on getting an Armasight C/O MR SD(seeing green through scope) and I will need to get a separate T20 IR device. I assume this is an IR light source. How will it attach to the Armasight C/O or does it attach to the rail on the free float forearm at 90` or 180`? I also have a rail that clamps on to my scope. Where do I get the T20 IR device? Also is the Gen 3 worth the 2K extra as my shots will be at or around 200 yds?
Thanks,
Flyrodder

Originally Posted By: 5spdReview Results:

DISMAL. A DOT NOT BUY scope...........IMO
Target: My Shockwave w/decoy tail on it.
1st at 50 yards.
2nd at 80 yards.

I was able to get the unit out last night calling.
Reset it up at dark 30, No moon yet.
Checked it at 50 yards, nice & sharp BUT not nearly as clear as it was when I pre set it up on the gun in my basement.
I had to readjust the IR and when on I can make out my target clearly.
With the IR off its hard to see clearly, but can still make it out.
View was pretty fuzzy

80 yards:
IR that is included w/the package is just about useless at 80 yards.
Yes it did illuminate, but just by a small margin. This was on high.
I had to refocus at 80 yards from my 50 yard setting, then I looked back at a 50 yard post and it was fuzzy.
If you have to focus for each range its not going to be good.
At 80 yards I can see my target pretty good after looking for it.
The scope view is not sharp/clear in this 2+ gen unit.
The IR that comes with it at 80yds is a joke...IMO.

Focus lever, Contrast, IR light are hard to make quick adjustments since you have to reach 2/3rd the way up the barrel to find in the dark, then try to adjust.
Focus lever is either in or out of focus, no in betweens.

Field review:
This cost me 2 coyotes Saturday night.
Full moon now.
I had 2 coyotes within 100 yards for 45 min.
I can see 1 perfectly at maybe 70 yards in my thermal sitting behind the call I have out at 37 steps. Looking in the scope and I cant see it at all, recheck my thermal and say its right there shoot.
Looking w/IR on...not a thing can be seen, no glowing eyes or body shape seen.
This is in a open turned field.
I tried to focus the scope on them, but that didn't help at all.
Coyote moves off and I fail to see it moving in the scope, dang it w/my d740 I would of had both shot by now.
Both dogs go into the hay field and I can barley see them in the thermal, but they are coming in closer.
They pop out at maybe 50 yards and big as day in my thermal.
I put the Armasight on them and NOPE, nothing can be seen with the IR on or off.
Im not a happy camper looking through the white phosphor scope at all.
They leave the area.

Side by side test:
D740 3rd gen+ NO comparison, D740 beat it like micheal jackson.
Armasight C0-MR-QS-MG....lost as bad as Obama runs his office.

I move and set up in a pasture and have cows at 100 yards.
OK so I test looking for them through the Armasight scope and w/the full moon out all I can see are fuzzy black spots that blend in with the hill side.
This 2nd gen+ white phosphorous unit is worthless again IMO.
Refocus did nothing to sharpen them out at all. Its like looking at a blank hill.
I toss up my d740 and they are perfectly seen, just like in the daylight with your eyes. I can count how many & can see the fence line, tall grasses, posts, gates & no focusing.
Put the Armasight up and see a bunch of nothing. I tried to refocus, nothing helps.
IR on & its not helping at all again.

Bottom line IMO buy a dedicated 3rg gen scope or 3rd gen clip on.
Reported back to my pal and he is packing it all up and luckily they have a 30 day return policy so he can get a refund.

Of course if your comparing Gen3 to Gen2 your going to be dissapointed..Really a no brainer and twice the cost.
Is it worth the cost??....Up to the end user on application and how committed they are to NV hunting.
What kind of glass was used for your test?
Were you able to try any other "real" IR illuminators?

Originally Posted By: flyrodder
Overwatcher said:
The Bad:
The Good:
I'm a night vision hunter want-a-be but I know almost nothing about it. If I understand this right, I plan on getting an Armasight C/O MR SD(seeing green through scope) and I will need to get a separate T20 IR device. I assume this is an IR light source. How will it attach to the Armasight C/O or does it attach to the rail on the free float forearm at 90` or 180`? I also have a rail that clamps on to my scope. Where do I get the T20 IR device? Also is the Gen 3 worth the 2K extra as my shots will be at or around 200 yds?
Thanks,
Flyrodder

Flyrodder,
PM me if you're interested in a T20.

Originally Posted By: 5spdReview Results:

Has your friend decided on a replacement C/O NV device and what does he think of it?

flyrodder

^^My pal went & bought a Flir Rs32,35mm thermal scope.
Its 3K more than that unit above and what he should of got in the 1st place as I told him.
We just got back from sighting it in at the range and its darned super from 60 yards to 400 yards.
I still told him he should of spent that on a 3rg gen scope as IMO the thermal is limited as a stand alone unit.
I have a ps32 thermal scanner & use a gen3 D740 for shooting and tried to tell him that's the way to go.

Originally Posted By: OverwatcherI have a CO-MR Gen 2+ HD clip on.I do know the HD tubes are made by another company as opposed to your standard CO-MR's.Don't know on the WP. So...
The Bad:
Not enough clarity(Even full moon) to get that perfect kill shot and ID. I'm using a a Nightforce NXS,so cheesy glass isnt the issue. Pm sent to u overwatcher.
The Good:

Back