ruger 44 carbine

Limomaker

A friend just bought a ruger 44 carbine. It's the older model model 1976 to be specific. He wants to put a small scope so not to take away the handiness of it but still a bump up from a peep. What would you all recommend for around 2-250 for the deer woods?

I have Weaver 1x3's on my Rem 760 35 Rem and ran one on my Combo gun for a season and have it on my 1894 CL in 218 Bee. Great little scope for the money but they can have some fisheye on the lowest power.

The Leupold VX-1 1x4x20mm Shotgun scope is a great scope and at $199 is a pretty good dead. I have one on my combo gun right now and another new one waiting to be mounted on a 6.5x58R drilling I just acquired, I just need some time to make a set of claw mount rings for it, a very slow tedious process.

Weaver V-3 on combo gun

Last edited:
I had a 2-7 on mine for a while, but dropped back to the open sights for handiness. I have started thinking real seriously about a red dot or holographic sight of some type.

Hey, just an update on the ruger. He went with the leupold and I have to say it was perfect. I was really impressed. Thanks everyone for the info.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamI had a 2-7 on mine for a while, but dropped back to the open sights for handiness. I have started thinking real seriously about a red dot or holographic sight of some type.

Red Dot is what I'm wanting to do on mine, just don't know which one yet?

There was a 30-30 marlin at the gun shop that got traded in with an eotech on it. I understand it's a good concept but could not get over the way it looked. My friend that works there of course had to add only in tenessee.

Back