Recommend a trail cam?

Bushnell Trophy Cam. Not the cheapest, but they the closest thing to a sure bet in the following categories.

I'm running two 8.0 MP TCs and here's what I like:

1. Battery life. Trophy Cams use 8 AA batteries and you can power the cam on only 4 if you want to. With 8 AA batteries, my cams last for 4-5 months. I've routinely seen reports of people who use 8 lithium batteries and let the cameras run for a year.

2. Trigger speed. Fantastic. Never get just blurred pictures.

3. False trigger. Seldom if ever happens. Once in a great while when conditions are just right, what I assume to be the combination of wind and the sun heating up the ground, will cause a few false triggers. But compared to other cameras that shoot tons of false triggers, this is insignificant.

4. Small and light. To keep my cameras away from thieves, I mount my cams about 10 feet up in a tree. That puts it above sight line and makes them exceptionally hard to spot if you don't know they are there.

5. Longevity - My oldest Trophy Cam is going on 4 years old. Not a single issue.

Grouse

I have a spypoint 2+1 and it takes good daytime pictures but night photo's not so good unless ya use the flash,infrared is blury. I've had moultrie in the past and will go back to them.

Started with Older Moultries... was not impressed! No battery life, poor quality pics, lots of pictures of grass and limbs moving. Lots of picture of nothing, middle of the day, which I assume were dove leaving.

Went Tasco because they were affordable, and I wanted 4 of them. First one died 2 weeks in, second one died 2 months in, third one died 6 months in, last one died just over a year. Took great pictures, white flash, bucks shyed from them. Battery life was iffy. One or two of them worked really good, the one that lasted the longest would eat a set of batteries every 3 - 7 days.

From there went Wildgame Innovations - Had good luck. Exceptional battery life, pretty decent pictures. Talked my nephew into one, he had it out in ND from October through December in sub-zero weather, took several hundred pictures, meter still showed over half battery life.

Pros - Great little cameras, battery life is not bad. I've gone +/- 3 months on a set of batteries, took a couple thousand pictures in that time. They were still running when I changed them. IR flash so all pictures at night are black and white, but they don't spook my bucks as bad.

Had problems with one and I contacted Wildgame Innovations; Customer Service was awesome! Also had a better warranty than many models I looked at.

Capacitors/internal battery - power memory for a LONG LONG time!! Have been away and left these cameras without batteries for 6 - 7 months at a crack, and all the settings are retained, clock and date are dead on, when I get back in the fall. Put in a fresh set of batteries, and hang them back on the tree.

Cons - Shutter speed is a little slow in IR, goes to IR 1/2 hour before sundown, little itty bitty font to scroll through for all the settings! Batteries tend to stick in the case and you have to beat or shake them out. No matter what batteries I use!!

Personally, I'd buy Wildgame Innovations again just because of my experience with Customer Service.

I bought 3 Moultries in the summer of 2009 and all three are still running right now with no issues. I don't know the model number but they were 5.0 MP and about $119 at the time. I run them about 6 months every year. I get a fuzzy pic every now and then but, in my opinion, for the money I spent and the amount of time they've lasted, they're a good camera.

I just got a wild game and had to take it back a week later. that's the third wild game product I have bought and that's the third wild game product that has failed me. I will no longer support them with my money. I would like the plot watcher but it don't work at night. I guess I will ether be trying the browning strike force or that Moultrie panoramic. I want a plot watcher style camera that works at night though

I've got three wild game innovations now and am very impressed they take good pics and batteries last all season. I've taken 1000's and 1000's of pics over bait piles with these and batteries last a looong time. I just bought my last one at tsc on sale for $39 oh ya!!!!

when I set mine on video mode, the sd card said it had videos on it, but every one of the files was just a blank black screen. I could hear crickets though so the audio worked. I tried it again in the house and same thing, black screen and sound but that's it. picture mode worked great though except the date and time never would stay set. every picture in the house back to back to back was a different date and times then one another. I had tried 2 different automatic feeders from them in the past and had to take both of them back. one of them the test mode was the only thing that worked and the fancier digital one didn't work at all. I am done with taking a chance on that company. there stuff would be awesome designs for the price if they worked but for me there hasn't been anything that worked except the acorn rage buck bomb on hogs.

I set my cameras to video rather than photo. I get a much better idea of what is going on via video, but I check them often and use an 8GB card.

Here is an example of what my Moultrie M880 does both day and night. The night footage has been muted since the batteries were running low and causing an annoying humming sound. The daytime videos, as you can tell, have the sound on. The Ravens were chastising the coyote.

I have been very satisfied with the M880 so far though at times it acts up like every other camera I have had, which includes Cuddeback, Wildgame Innovations, Bushnell Trophy Cam and Stealth Cam. I have found none to be perfect but the Moultrie comes closer to it than any I have tried.

I would have to say Moultrie Panoramic 150 had it 2 years and take alright pic get about 4,000 pic on batteys other then 6 c cell batteries . had a bushnell trophy cam and it went up in smoke for me . it did take good 10 pic before it went up in smoke . so had a Moultrie Panoramic 150 for last 2 years and works great about 160 on ebay or amazon

The Bushnell is rated high, but I have never had any luck with anything that outfit makes. I can tell you that Primos is absolute junk and so is their customer service. I have had the best luck with Cuddeback. I also have two Wildgame Innovations cameras that work good. The first one from several years ago took a lot of blackouts and whiteouts, but the newer ones I have now seem to work good and look identical. I have never had a whiteout or blackout picture with the Cuddebacks. In fact, it is very rare to even have a missed picture with the Cuddebacks. Best of luck and good hunting.

Back