Scandinavian hunting adventures! (Updates along the pages, lots of pics)

Been calling like crazy the two last days, not seen one fox.. Seen a bunch of moose (One HUGE bull), one red deer, and some roe deer (Two good bucks). Getting a couple of hours sleep before going out again.

1st of the season has been given a dirt nap! Came in on fawn distress, 50m, aimpoint micro and 15g FMJ from the 9,3x62. First kill with the new barrel.

Nr1iaringr.jpg

Edit: Put in the photo.

Last edited:
Great pics and post. It's nice to see what callers in foreign countries are doing to harvest the predators in their country. I may have missed it, but what calls are you using for your fox calling?

Bird distress, Mice distress and fawn distress in the summertime. And different rabbit and fox calls in the wintertime. Usually i figure out what call to use for the different spots when i find them or how the wind lays.

I am thinking about getting a fox pro or some sort of electronic caller for the season, to test it out. I KNOW i won't be needing the coyote howlers all coyote distress
laugh.gif
But what will you guys that have tried them out on grey or red fox?

Originally Posted By: NorwegianfoxdropperI am thinking about getting a fox pro or some sort of electronic caller for the season, to test it out. I KNOW i won't be needing the coyote howlers all coyote distress
laugh.gif
But what will you guys that have tried them out on grey or red fox?

ecallers are great for fox. As your hunting is limited you shouldn't need to spend a ton on the high end models. The basic ones will do just fine. Lots of good sounds for fox on the foxpro. Gets the sound away from you and changes the game.

I will wait with the e-caller about a year, making a trip over the pond to the US in a years time or so, thinking that they are cheaper there then here. If anybody have some predator hunting that me and my brother could tag along on send me a PM. Both are experiend and serious hunters.

Last edited:
Was out looking for a mature roebuck when i spotted this fox someway of in the distance, hit the ground, estimaded the distance to be somewere between 380 and 395 meters, hold 2,5 mils over the shoulder, hit high. Lasered it a couple days later, 387m on the mark.

Got my self a double kill today, came a cross two while stalking red deer. The 9,3x62 loaded with 220 grain Lapua naturalis is not a fur keeper. LOL. One had a bad case of mange as well.

Yeep, good season starter! Just waiting for snow now so we can really kick the predator season of! Posted a longer story from this falls moose hunting over in the big game thread, so go check it out if you want to know more!

Season going good, but i really need some help with a big male that seems to be keeping other foxes out of the area. He won't eat at the bait or come in on a call, anybody have some helping tips?

Here are some photos from since i posted last. Nothing special, northern lights, big bull on a trail cam and lynx track next to my box of snus.

Back