new reloader

lunchbox

So,it's pretty overwhelming all the new reloading kits out there now. I've been looking at the RCBS Partner kit.MAYBE the rockchucker. I'm primarily reloading .223 & 22-250.
Regardless of the kits brand. What else would be a good investment to go with the kits? Tools,dies,etc. Is there a list anywhere? Just want a good start off and don't want to spend a crap ton of money right now.

Originally Posted By: lunchboxJust want a good start off and don't want to spend a crap ton of money right now.

BEFORE you purchase a press or other things, get 2 good reloading manuals and read them .... TWICE. From cover to cover. You'll save time, money, and perhaps some health. Then come back and ask more questions to narrow down your options and choices.

Originally Posted By: pwhunterAnd so it begins..... Welcome to a very addicting hobby

that will soon be a chore right up there w/mowing the lawn...too bad there is no going back to factory loads now...

Originally Posted By: shanedoggOriginally Posted By: pwhunterAnd so it begins..... Welcome to a very addicting hobby

that will soon be a chore right up there w/mowing the lawn...too bad there is no going back to factory loads now... lol,my dad use to say the same thing.
I have a little while before I start reloading. I don't even have a bench to do it on yet. So,using the time to gather information and materials.

Don't buy new... There's lots of older presses sitting around unused in people's garages. Talk to friends neighbors coworkers, local gunsmiths, and drinking buddies. They may or may not look good, but it's almost impossible to damage or ruin one.

Back