TNVC TNV/PVS-14 (L3) Night Vision Goggle Independence Day Sale!!!

Victor_TNVC

To commemorate our Founding Fathers' fight for freedom, TNVC is offering our most popular night vision goggle, the excellent TNV/PVS-14 (L3 OMNI VIII), at the excellent discounted price of $2,850.00! That's right boys and girls, that's a $245 savings! This price is good for Black Body Housing, Basic Kits Only! We have units in stock and ready to ship! This is the sale you've been waiting for!

TNVC_July4_Sale_zps57c1c85f.jpg

TNVPVS14_L3_5_zpsec94b320.jpg

GET SOME!!!

TNV/PVS-14 L3 OMNI VIII

Considering one of these.. some Newb questions, past experiences with NVGs is I got to play with a military PVS-14 in Korea, and have a beginner version ATN weapon mounted scope that Isn't much use past 50 yards. Planned use is pig/coyote hunting up to 200 yards. So questions are:

1) If you have a helmet mounted NVG on left eye, can you look through an EOTECH (I have the 517) and separate 3x magnifier with the right eye and be able to see dot on target, say at 200yds? (I know not to mount the PVS-14 behind the 517)

2) Or, if using an IR laser, what do you use for magnification for precise shots at distance?

Side question:
3) I've had problems in the past with pigs seeing the red eye of my old crappy illuminator staring at them, what do you do to minimize this?

Originally Posted By: JCCinOhioConsidering one of these.. some Newb questions, past experiences with NVGs is I got to play with a military PVS-14 in Korea, and have a beginner version ATN weapon mounted scope that Isn't much use past 50 yards. Planned use is pig/coyote hunting up to 200 yards. So questions are:

1) If you have a helmet mounted NVG on left eye, can you look through an EOTECH (I have the 517) and separate 3x magnifier with the right eye and be able to see dot on target, say at 200yds? (I know not to mount the PVS-14 behind the 517)

While you can see partially, it's very difficult to shoot this way with a cheek weld as the PVS will get in the way. In a pinch we train others to shoot this way for 25m and in by basically chest welding the rifle by looking straight down the optic, directly behind it. As mentioned this is only used for very short range and may cause POA/POI issues due to how eye dominant your eye's are from one another. The very best way to use a 14 is to keep it on your head and use a IR laser on the gun. Keep your head up, shoulder your weapon and let your IR laser do all the work. Very easy to get 150-200 yard hits on a 14" steel plate.

2) Or, if using an IR laser, what do you use for magnification for precise shots at distance?

We don't. If you need distance you can weapon mount your PVS-14 http://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-tm14-pvs-14-weapon-mount/ with a PVS-14 3x magnifier screwed into the lens of the PVS-14 http://tnvc.com/shop/usgi-3x-magnifier-for-pvs-14/. Note, you will need a RDS that has NV compatibility. The EO 517 does not and you could burn a reticle image onto your 14 as the reticle brightness is too bright even at the lowest setting.

Side question:
3) I've had problems in the past with pigs seeing the red eye of my old crappy illuminator staring at them, what do you do to minimize this?

All IR LED's emit a faint red glow, some more than others. With our Torch Pro (we do not have much red Vis signature vs. the competition due to how deeply recessed our emitter is), but you can get a IR filter to block out a bit more Vis. glow but you do sacrifice distance.

Hi JCC, good questions. Answers in red above. Thank you.

Thanks for the info.. I just now saw the sale is till 31 July not just this weekend.. So I have some time to research my other questions and/or will call!

TNVC,

For hunting pig/coyote on foot or from a stand, is there anything else I need other than a TNV/PVS-14, Wilcox L4 G11 Army mount, the Wilcox 3-hole shroud, a Crye Nightcap, and a TM PVS-14 weapon mount? Will this combo work well together?

Already have an NV capable Eotech, and will get an IR laser and illuminator at some point.

Would that get me started?

Thanks
John

Originally Posted By: JCCinOhioTNVC,

For hunting pig/coyote on foot or from a stand, is there anything else I need other than a TNV/PVS-14, Wilcox L4 G11 Army mount, the Wilcox 3-hole shroud, a Crye Nightcap, and a TM PVS-14 weapon mount? Will this combo work well together?

Already have an NV capable Eotech, and will get an IR laser and illuminator at some point.

Would that get me started?

Thanks
John

Hi John, the only thing that may assist with improved stability of the Crye NC is a counter weight. http://tnvc.com/shop/eog-gen-ii-nvg-counter-weight/

This combo will get you started with great versatility.

Originally Posted By: JCCinOhioEEEK! Just pulled the trigger.. Happy 50th to me!

I do not have any black balloons left since my 50th a few years ago!
tongue_smilie.gif

Thank you for the order and Happy Birthday!

Vic

Originally Posted By: JCCinOhioEEEK! Just pulled the trigger.. Happy 50th to me!
Got 1 during the Christmas sale making # 3 for me. Really nice device, you won't be disappointed!

Thanks.. looks like I have a 2 week'ish wait for the PVS-14. As for the black balloons, I'm sure I'll have plenty to go around this weekend...

Originally Posted By: JCCinOhioThanks.. looks like I have a 2 week'ish wait for the PVS-14. As for the black balloons, I'm sure I'll have plenty to go around this weekend...
Two weeks is nothing. Weeds and crops are to high anyhow. When you get the new devise don't freak out all the neighbors try to be inside by at least midnight.
scared.gif

May be earlier now! Saw on another forum where TNVC got some parts in and should be shipping Friday or Monday.. Assuming all the mounting stuff is in stock. I usually try to be quiet after 10pm on worknights, but my neighbor was out on his motorcycle till after 11pm the other night so he'll get his
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: JCCinOhioMay be earlier now! Saw on another forum where TNVC got some parts in and should be shipping Friday or Monday.. Assuming all the mounting stuff is in stock. I usually try to be quiet after 10pm on worknights, but my neighbor was out on his motorcycle till after 11pm the other night so he'll get his
wink.gif

NICE!!!!

Had a small delay with body housing supplies and we have them arrive yesterday. All orders for others going out this Friday or Monday. Thank you!

Vic

TNVC- Just checking that the front end (where you'd screw in a magnifier) of the TNV/PVS-14 is 30mm? I scored a 2x magnifier and want to make sure I get the right adapter. Thanks..

I just ordered one today from you guys. Cant wait to play with it. Still can't believe I dropped that amount of money. Oh well, it'll grow back.

Back