best binoculars for the money?

22cat

what do you guess think? I was looking at the diamondback from vortex but done some research the leads me to believe that them, Nikon, bushnell and several others all send there specs to the same company overseas and has their products made and that leupold makes there own products? does leupold make all there products or just the higher end stuff? anyways what suggestions do you guys have? I would like to stay under 300 but I know that is hard to do.

buy once, cry once..

I also suggest that you think about what you are buying them for?

I bought the Diamondback Votex 8powers years ago and couldn't be happier.. Why?

I wanted a smaller full size set, i wanted a good field of view, especially in low light. I intended to use them to search the shade and brush before ending a stand to spot coyotes and bobcats that were just sitting there. ( you would be surprised at how many times, before i get up, i scan the area real quick and look. Many times there is a coyote sitting next to a bush and I had never spotted it) So i wanted a set for this. I have found that in the open with 8 powers i can spot coyotes a long ways off. Before i could ever hope to shoot at them. So they work for me. and i have used them to watch open grass before sunrise, well before i could spot them with the naked eye waiting for sunrise.

If i was using them to spot game, or hill top looking for Elk, not so much.

Figure out what you want them for, and get the ones that fill that need.

same reasons as you stated. i dont live in big open country, i live in the eastern mountains. when it snows you can get on top of a mountain and see a long ways off at other mountains but that style of hunting dont work to good around here like you see them doing on tv for elk and stuff. most critters stay in the laurel thickets bedded down and even to eat. i now have access to some fielded areas and some clear cuts the forest service has done and can now see across areas of anywhere from 300 to a little over 600 yards. on average where i hunt a 60-75yrd view is about as far as you can see. i have always used my rangefinders for scanning those places but those occasional places is why i am wanting good binoculars now. also so i can scan the ridge tops and see if there is any acorns on the trees and stuff like that. i would like american made of course but i dont think there is any of them.

Dunno how to rate "best for the money"

I can say that I have a pair of Burris Signatures (10x50 in my case) that I've been very happy with.

Get the vortex.Even if you drop em or run over em with your truck 10 yrs from now they will fix em or give you a new pair.I just bought me a compact pair of 10x28.
thumbup1.gif

Canon image stabilized binoculars.

Once you try these, you will not want regular binoculars ever again. I have the 10x42L. They are amazing beyond words.

Originally Posted By: bobcatspotfeverGet the vortex.Even if you drop em or run over em with your truck 10 yrs from now they will fix em or give you a new pair.I just bought me a compact pair of 10x28.
thumbup1.gif

"IF" they are still around 10 yrs from now. they seem to be as well recognized as the other companies though and so many people like there stuff, I aint to scared of them not being around 10 yrs from now but you never know

Originally Posted By: 22catOriginally Posted By: bobcatspotfeverGet the vortex.Even if you drop em or run over em with your truck 10 yrs from now they will fix em or give you a new pair.I just bought me a compact pair of 10x28.
thumbup1.gif

"IF" they are still around 10 yrs from now. they seem to be as well recognized as the other companies though and so many people like there stuff, I aint to scared of them not being around 10 yrs from now but you never know

They've been around for about 25 years already, should be good for another 10...

Originally Posted By: BullspringsCanon image stabilized binoculars.

Once you try these, you will not want regular binoculars ever again. I have the 10x42L. They are amazing beyond words.

I would have to get the 10x32 or whatever. are they waterproof and what's the warranty?

The 10x42Ls are waterproof. There is a 3 year warranty.

I don't know if I would recommend the lesser models. I don't have direct experience with them. The 10x42Ls are the top of the line stabilized binos.

I really like my vortex diamondback 10x42. I was in between those and the leupold Acadia 10x42 but went with the vortex not because they are any better side by side but because I already owned vortex products and have been very pleased with them. I don't regret it one bit. Shortly after I bought them I saw a pair of Alpen Shasta ridge 10x42 with a no fault lifetime warranty Never got a chance to look through them but if you pulled the logos off of them and the diamondbacks you would be hard pressed to tell a difference in appearance except for color but not sure on quality or clarity like I said. Might be something to look into for about $80 cheaper if you can handle them and compare the two. Just an idea.

Shelton

well i have narrowed it down to ether redfeilds or leupolds "probably". i am going to go somewhere and look at the bino's and let them choose me i guess

I picked up a slightly used pair of leupold 10x42 for $325, but it took 6 months of looking. Anyway I really like them in low light condtions.

I did a bunch of resarch before i bought,and based on reviews picked up a pair of the Vanguard 10x42 ED's.
Other options were the Vortex Diamondbacks,or the redfield 10x42's.Through optics planet with a coupon code and $50 mail in cert from vanguard they were 200 bones.
For that price I was completely blown away with optical clarity and craftsmanship.Best $200 I have spent.
I am all for high end scopes,but when it comes to binos I have had some serious bad luck losing them,so no swaros for me.
Try a search for reviews on the Vanguards..I had no clue about them.

Back