Need stock help for a custom rifle

JTPinTX

Custom Call Maker
Back about 5 years ago I had my sons Remington 721 in .270 Win. worked over a little bit by Mike Bryant. He trued the action and fitted a SS Hart barrel on it. I kept the rifle in a sporter configuration, 24" barrel with a med contour. (can't remember the number offhand, will have to look it up when I get home). It shoots pretty dang good.

At the time I didn't have money for a real stock, so I just turned pillars myself and pillar bedded it into the original crappy wood stock with crappy bottom metal. Now it is time to upgrade and fix all that.

I need some advice on stock/bottom metal options. I want to stay with a fairly light/sporter/hunting rifle style overall. I would like to go to a bottom metal with a detachable magazine, but not something that hangs way down. 3-4 rounds would be good. I have no idea where to look for that, and what fits what. As far as the stock B&C would be my bottom end. Probably a Manners, maybe a McMillian. Barrel and action are going to get cerakoted, probably in Sniper Grey.

So start throwing me some options out there, post up some pics for me to look at. Include model numbers on the stocks and what have you.

I like the HS Precision bottom metal it just barely hangs down below the stock I think less than 1/2", as far as stocks I like McMillan or Manners but the HS isn't bad either

Well, I ended up just going with an HS stock, it will be just fine for this rifle. Stocky's had one I liked on sale, I think it will be good to go. After mulling it all over, I decided to just go with BDL bottom metal as well. DM would be nice, but pretty pricey for this build and not really needed for it's intended use. I have everything on the way, should get it all together and tuned up good well before hunting season.

Back