Questions new Hunters shouldn't ask

Tbone-AZ

I keep getting asked by people that know I hunt:

"Where should I go to get a coyote or Bobcat"

If your new and ask this question and don't want to hear, in the woods, then don't ask it..
Its a stupid question because;
You are saying to me, or anyone you ask..
I am a lazy bastard.. I don't want to put in any effort, and want you to tell me where you found them and want to go kill them there instead of me.
Ask, for advice on what to look for in a stand, how to call, what sequence to use, so on.. But if you ask me where.. you tell me all i need to know.. Have a nice day, and good luck. Ask me questions when you have questions about technique.

I am sure there are other questions that come up often.. please share?

The best place to find elk is where there are elk. So somewhere with mountains and trees. Same with deer etc. If you want an exact location along with time and day they will be there, not much I can do for you.

Multiple times I have went into the gas station near my land with blood on my clothes to get coffee... I walk back out and there are ppl looking in the bed of my truck at a buck... "We're did you shoot that?" I simply reply; "in the body..,"

The same goes for fishing. I can't remember how many times some oaf saunters over like he's going to help or something, only to end up asking where I caught fish. I just motion somewhere to the blue horizon and say out there. If it's hot enough or late in the day, or the ramp is crowded, I usually just growl and they leave.

Originally Posted By: KarlThe same goes for fishing. I can't remember how many times some oaf saunters over like he's going to help or something, only to end up asking where I caught fish. I just motion somewhere to the blue horizon and say out there. If it's hot enough or late in the day, or the ramp is crowded, I usually just growl and they leave.

lol that is good.. I have told people that ask where i caught them while standing at the lake fish cleaning station, the name of some other lake.
You get funny looks and then they ask why i came up to this lake. I say the fish cleaning station,..It's really nice here.
smile.gif

(another person to me) : hey man, where'd ya catch those fish??.
(me to them): can you keep a secret?,
(them), : sure i can.
(me):. i caught them right in the corner of the mouth
grin.gif

Some days it's simply more fun telling them everything they want to know, while knowing they aren't smart enough to make it work!
lol.gif

This should be a sticky in the Predator Hunting forum. Might save everyone some grief, though at times it is amusing to see some of the angles people come up with.

Back