Utah Land owner tags

AzDiamondHeat

Hey Utah guys, what can you tell me about the tags and the process. What is needed to use a land owner tag.

My new friend has two tags and about 6500 acres to hunt on but he is not a hunter and wants to take me along to use them and to learn.

we are both non-residents of Utah(but his family trust owns the land.

If I take you with me can I get some info?
thumbup.gif

Thanks wily. I actually had that link but I just don't understand how it all works. We don't have anything like that here and it all seems confusing to me. I am sure it is simple, but I have never taken other state's laws for granted.

So all I need is a hunting license and my land owner tag and I am GTG? Looks like I also have to have a hunters safety course?

We'll be up by Coalsville. C'mon out and shoot a coyote with us!

if you need a hunter saftey.. Get on that it's busy this time of year..

The AZ GF has an online course you can take really fast, you take the test, then you have to schedule a field portion and show up for an evening and do the class part..
Its about 4 hours and you take the test again.. The worst part is the shooting part where you are trying to lay in the prone and shoot what appears to be a version of the cricket 22 rifle.

From everything i understand it is a normall tag but instead of being assigned to a person it is assigned to a property but is axactlly like any other tag except for limited to that property. what hunt is it and what area

Tbone-AZ, I was lucky. My hunter's safety course had Anschutz target .22's. Since I already shoot 10m Olympic air rifle, it was really fun to shoot those Anschutz.

Good luck AzDiamondHeat. Utah is a fun place to hunt!

Back