Four Hogs down and out.

Texaslawman

Found a sow and two shoats out in a field with waist high grass I almost missed them but decided to scan with the thermal and just picked out the sows head. I stalked to about 50 yards and they had disappeared in the sea of grass. I was almost about to leave when they reappeared. Again I forgot the shooting sticks at the house but was able to make quick work of them. First was the lead sow she went down DRT, then the first shoat took a 120sst on the run, the final shoat would have escaped but was lost without the sow and stopped allowing me to take out the whole group!

After that I met up with my cousin and we went out using his jeep with a FLIR pathfinder installed we just drove around scanning the fields on his dash mounted monitor it was pretty neat but blinded my pvs-14. We found one loan boar and we took him out with a double tap one 120gr sst from my 6.8 and a 150gr sst from his .308. It was a great weekend! Here is the video below!

http://youtu.be/bzAUWgF7e3E?list=UUwUoM05LiZaynZuS-oquN0Q

Another great video !! Thanks again!
Are you an exterminator or a rancher that gets to hunt more than any rancher I've ever seen ??
Either way I can't wait to see harvest time.

I've been following TLM for sometime (600 plus and counting). His dry spells are better than my best hunting season
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: WedgyAnother great video !! Thanks again!
Are you an exterminator or a rancher that gets to hunt more than any rancher I've ever seen ??
Either way I can't wait to see harvest time.

Guess I'm a exterminator with a small ranch. And a lot of friends with big ranches
smile.gif

Last two years harvest has been slow but we received plenty of rain this year I'm excited.

Last edited:
Back