Hand guards

riverboss

Weres the best place to shop for hand guards? I need a hunting hand guard for mid length gas system around 10in long that's user friendly.

I would go with a BTE. They are light weight, customizable and you can get them in all the sizes. You could go with a 12" hand guard and cover your gas block and use a ball end allen wrench to adjust it, from the out side. Or you could use a 10" and have your gas block exposed.

I'm a big fan of the MI Gen2 SS for its slim profile, and ability to be customized. That being said, I have also tried the Made in USA UTG Pro Super Slim FF Tube and like it even better at almost half the cost. They have a very nice proprietary barrel nut that completely eliminates the need to align the notch for the gas tube to line up which lets you torque your barrel nut to your preference.

I got the UTG from Hamlund Tactical

Originally Posted By: Livn68I'm a big fan of the MI Gen2 SS for its slim profile, and ability to be customized.

I have 2 of these. They are light weight and look nice.

Originally Posted By: Livn68I'm a big fan of the MI Gen2 SS for its slim profile, and ability to be customized. That being said, I have also tried the Made in USA UTG Pro Super Slim FF Tube and like it even better at almost half the cost. They have a very nice proprietary barrel nut that completely eliminates the need to align the notch for the gas tube to line up which lets you torque your barrel nut to your preference.

I got the UTG from Hamlund Tactical

I agree about the Gen 2 MI. I like the Troy Alpha for the same reason. Lots of aftermarket products such as the Noveske sling stud making it easy to attach a standard bipod without expensive heavy adapter pieces.

Another vote for the Midwest Industries SS. I have a 10" on my 11.5" SBR, and a 15" on my 18" barreled 204 Ruger. Very lightweight, and I really like the diameter of them. Fit over a gas block just fine, but not too big in the hand.

Samson is my choice of handguard. Super solid, light weight, and easy to customize. My Colt Competition Pro came with one and I've been hooked ever since.

You can't go wrong with Joe Bob's by the way as far as a vendor.

Sendit

Originally Posted By: dwayOriginally Posted By: thebestofindicaBravo Company. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com Anyone serious about this platform will not disagree.
I have a KMR13 inbound. Just sold my 11" Noveske NSR to give the KMR a try.

My BCM bfh 14.5" LW with 13" KMR rail and aimpoint micro T1 weighs 6.2 lbs. This is less than the tikka T3 lite that I own (without optic).

Found a Anderson free float tube Friday 12.5 in cut it down to 9 in and it works great $ 59.00 ive almost got it done just need some dies and powder.

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersWe have a great selection of AR15 Handguards.

For an inexpensive free float the Nordic Components Free Float Handguard is nice.

Midwest Industries SS, Samson Evo, & the Seekins MCSR are all popular handguards.

I'd suggest getting a 12" handguard for your use, assuming you have a low profile gas block.

I think I put Joe Bob's kids through college. Great place to order AR stuff. Ordered a bunch of stuff through Palmetto State too though. Both have good prices.

Back