Vortex Crossfire II 6-24x50 or Nikko Stirling Nighteater 6-24x56

JellyCannon

As the title says I'm trying to decide between these two scopes, a Vortex Crossfire II 6-24x50 or a Nikko Stirling Nighteater 6-24x56. Open to any other suggestions in their price range!
Thanks, JellyCannon

Vortex hands down, Nikko is junk, never owned one but a friend has tried several and all were foggy and a couple could not pass the box test

Originally Posted By: JellyCannonYeah, I live in Australia. Tiumes that price by x2.5 and thats what I'll have to pay, IF its available here.

Wow, that sucks. Didn't think about that. In that case, I would still go with the Vortex.

The optic you choose for your rifle can be as or more important than the rifle itself. Don't go cheap here, you will do nothing but replace it later once you find out how bad it really is.

I just got a crossfire back from vortex after it wouldn't hold zero. They said it was fine but still replaced it. Hmmm.

I wish I would have saved my money and am tired of all the Chinese junk.

Although I hear they make some better stuff, ill never know.

They aren't even $780 for 2 of them. There are several models of Viper (Viper, Viper HS, Viper HST, Viper PST) The Crossfire 2 is their basement model.

Originally Posted By: JellyCannonI had a llok at the Vortex Viper and its $780, Furhuunter your right, i should save up for the better product

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: erikc838They aren't even $780 for 2 of them. There are several models of Viper (Viper, Viper HS, Viper HST, Viper PST) The Crossfire 2 is their basement model.

Not in the U.S., but they might Down Under.

A Votex Crossfire II is $490. Any thing that has to do with firearms is taxed so heavily that it's price is doubled. Optics are even worse, there's a stupidly high import tax on anything over 4x magnification.

Originally Posted By: JellyCannonA Votex Crossfire II is $490. Any thing that has to do with firearms is taxed so heavily that it's price is doubled. Optics are even worse, there's a stupidly high import tax on anything over 4x magnification.

send the money to one of the pred masters member you trust and have them buy it and ship it to you. you pay shipping of course.

I have a Crossfire 2 6-24 x 50n an Ar15.I bought it on ebay a month ago for $289 shipped.
It works just fine and will probably get a brother soon.I have to many rifles to put high dollar glass on all of em.

Back