DPMS Oracle .308 Reviews

6mm06

Recently I have been looking at the DPMS Oracle .308, and viewing some YouTube videos. I was surprised at the price of the AR considering others on the market. That leads me to question just how good a rifle it is and if there are any major problems with it.

If anyone has personal knowledge or experience with this rifle, please share your thoughts.

Dave, I have 3 DPMS rifles and they're fantastic guns. Mine are all .223 chambered guns, so I don't know about the .308 version. But I can't say anything bad about DPMS. All 3 of mine easily shoot sub-moa with handloads, and the fit/finish are top notch.

i have the 223/5.56 version of the oracle and i have nothing but good things to say about it. the one and only problem i have had is the bolt didnt lock back on a empty mag 1 time other wise shes been very reliable.buy with confidence.and post pics when you do
thumbup.gif

Well, at the moment the Oracle has my attention. Currently I have a S&W Shield on lay-a-way so that's taking my money. Once that is done, my thoughts are to consider the Oracle 308.

I sure like mine. And I like it more once it got a few
upgrades. I replaced the fore end, with a Troy Ind. free
float tube, and the stock with a Magpul ACS, and the trigger
with a RRA NM, with a JP Spring kit. I added a Badger Tactical
latch, on the charging handle, and a Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44
BDC, in a Burris PEPR mount.

The rifle shoots 1 MOA or better, and with continued load
development, I am optimistic, it will get pretty consistent
sub-MOA with some loads.

Squeeze

I picked up the Panther in .308 at Wally World in Nov 2013 for $897. I have about 50 rds through it, no FTF or FTE. 100yd groups are just a hair over 1" (1.1) with bulk Federal ammo. I had not seen one on their shelves since the Newtown shooting so I bought it when I saw it back then. Just recently I saw another one at the same store for $914. Get one if you can. With regular run of the mill vanilla AR15s going for as little as $550 on sale (Bushmaster, Core, DiamondBack) you can't go wrong. Buy it now and save money for a trigger and other accessories to "church it up" a little down the road.

Couple of things I forgot.......

It comes with what they call a "Glacier" handguard. I have another name for it that I can't post on here. Seriously, the handguard is a cheap piece of plastic that I hate. Plan on a replacement.

Also, the trigger is lousy (as most factory triggers are). I replaced mine ASAP with RR 2-stage triggers.

Other than those 2 things, they're very good rifles.

Well, I think one is in order in the not-too-distant future, unless a better model becomes available. Seems to me the price isn't bad for a 308. I appreciate everyone's input.

Squeeze, do you have photos of your rifle with the upgrades? Would be nice to see.

Back