Predator Hunting Suppressed™: BLACKOUT

Originally Posted By: wyomanI just received an email from Cutting Edge and they responded that they have a bullet that hey are almost ready to market. It will expand down to 750 fps. As soon as we have a bullet that is accurate and will expand....the blackout will be a gamechanger for 100 yard SUPPRESSED shots.

Did they give any more info or was not just a teaser?

Originally Posted By: AzDiamondHeat

They are really close to finalization, I'll be getting some of these in the next week to see how they do, these aren't just going to be a gamechanger, but I think they are gonna make a lot of playmakers.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: AzDiamondHeat

They are really close to finalization, I'll be getting some of these in the next week to see how they do, these aren't just going to be a gamechanger, but I think they are gonna make a lot of playmakers.

James, once you get a good idea as to the validity of the new projectiles, please give us a write up. As you know of my fondness of "Calling them Close", it makes sense that a heavy, sub-sonic, expanding and suppressed chambering would be very much appealing to me.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: Chupathingy
James, once you get a good idea as to the validity of the new projectiles, please give us a write up. As you know of my fondness of "Calling them Close", it makes sense that a heavy, sub-sonic, expanding and suppressed chambering would be very much appealing to me.

Chupa

Will do buddy, I talked to Jude, head of Marketing, and they sound VERY promising, hoping to get the ball rolling ASAP with this one.

That certainly answers my previous post about hunting coyote with a .300BLK. I can't wait for a suppressor! Just finished this build over the weekend minus the optics and obviously the can.

20140719_160728.jpg

Daniel Defense Upper
STS Tribal Lower
Odin Works 12.5" Rail
9" Fluted McGowen Barrel
SIG SB15
Lupus Hydro dip Camo

Originally Posted By: JoshuaNThat certainly answers my previous post about hunting coyote with a .300BLK. I can't wait for a suppressor! Just finished this build over the weekend minus the optics and obviously the can.

20140719_160728.jpg

Daniel Defense Upper
STS Tribal Lower
Odin Works 12.5" Rail
9" Fluted McGowen Barrel
SIG SB15
Lupus Hydro dip Camo

Great, for some reason we like to answer ?'s with video's...
BTW, nice looking rig you got put together.

Originally Posted By: skinneyGreat, for some reason we like to answer ?'s with video's...
BTW, nice looking rig you got put together.

Thanks. Just went out tonight and got it zeroed to 25yrds but will be heading out sometime this week to do a 100yrd zero. Shooting 125gr Hornady SST projectiles, 21.5gr AA2200 COL 2.10". I love the round I've put together here and it shoots great!

Originally Posted By: wyomanI just received an email from Cutting Edge and they responded that they have a bullet that hey are almost ready to market. It will expand down to 750 fps. As soon as we have a bullet that is accurate and will expand....the blackout will be a gamechanger for 100 yard SUPPRESSED shots.

We've been playing testing with the 82gr 6.8 CEBs for about a year now. They are truly awesome. I think it will make that big difference you are talking about for the 300BO as well. Looking forward to seeing what you guys do with it.

Originally Posted By: Sfsmedic

We've been playing testing with the 82gr 6.8 CEBs for about a year now. They are truly awesome. I think it will make that big difference you are talking about for the 300BO as well. Looking forward to seeing what you guys do with it.

Let's just say, I can't say much... I'm getting the ballistics gel out here shortly to test a couple low pro, projos, that are on the down low.
thumbup1.gif

Love the videos, Skinney! My O'neill ops hoodie has become kind of my lucky shirt, seems like i shoot something every time i have it on while hunting! And my "We don't push buttons, we pull triggers" t-shirt gets a few comments and looks in the gym!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NorwegianfoxdropperLove the videos, Skinney! My O'neill ops hoodie has become kind of my lucky shirt, seems like i shoot something every time i have it on while hunting! And my "We don't push buttons, we pull triggers" t-shirt gets a few comments and looks in the gym!

That's awesome to hear man! Glad your putting the clothing to work! I hear ya on the lucky shirt thing, sometimes mine doesn't get washed until we have a dry spell
scared.gif

Back