RPG Range Time

GLShooter

I have been reviewing my records and note books on the uppers built for me and others by Ritch's Precision Guns over the past few years. I collect targets images of others plus my own meager performances at the range. I thought I might share some of the groups from time to time on the mild to wild builds.

The first one is a Black Hole 24" 20 Practical. Built last year. Not a benchrest match winner but a proven PD popper. The numbers are CTC at 100 yards.

13497479321.jpg

13497479121.jpg

I'll start down in the smaller calibers. If anyone out there that is shooting some of Ritch's goodness jump in with your experinces. Clint Eastwood always liked a good piece of hickory, I always like a good piece of naked match grade stainless.

Greg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Skeeter32I also have a 20 prat built by RPG Guns. It is an awesome
url]
shooter!!!! Almost got the staple.
Fixed it for you.

Originally Posted By: crapshootI was hoping to see some rocket propelled grenade fun.

More on the 20 Watt laser area vs a rocket. Scalpel vs machete.

Greg

Here is a target I shot at 100 yards. This was shot with a 6.8 SPC II. 5 shots at each target, with an AGG of .434

This one was shot the same day with a 6.5X6.8 100 yards 5 shots at each target. It ended up with an AGG of .502 I forgot to write on the target the bullet I used was a 123 grain Nosler Custom Competition.

Both of these targets were shot with standard weight barrels with a target crown. The 6.8 is a 20" and the 6.5X6.8 is a 22"

Picked out another one from the batch. 24" 264 LBC that Ritch built me last year. These were just basic starting out seeing if it woud shoot. I figured this one would after ten pulls of the trigger.

DSCN0146.jpg

264LBC85SIERRA8-18-13_zpsfa0d511e.jpg

Greg

I had to go to the range this morning to test the new 30 we are working on. I thought why not check my 6X6.8 as its getting close to coyote season.

This is a picture of my coyote gun. Nothing fancy on the outside, but don't let the looks fool you. This thing has accounted for more than a few dogs since I built it.

The upper is an Aero receiver with a NiB BCG and charge handle. The gas system is a BTE adjustable. The heart of this thing is the 16 inch Black Hole Weaponry MATCH GRADE uncoated, that's right bare naked 416 stainless 1 in 9 twist poly 3 barrel. The barrel has a satin finish and a 1/2X28 threaded muzzle with a thread protector.

Now I know you are asking yourself how does it shoot? In my opinion very well. The target below was shot using 58 grain Vmax bullets running right at 3350 FPS. I was using IMR 8208 for powder.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NV BillI never get tired seeing targets like the ones you guys post. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

Grab a rifle and hit the desret and post up a few.. There are more than two or three trigger pullers on here that flat astound me.

Greg

How are you liking that Burris eliminator scope. I've been seriously considering the eliminator III 4-16X50 FOR a 7mm rem mag that was my dads.

Im hoping my 24" Savage barrel I have on order ends up shooting like your 16".
I didn't know a match P3 barrel was available, not listed from what I see, unless they are considered that?

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: NV BillI never get tired seeing targets like the ones you guys post. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

Grab a rifle and hit the desret and post up a few.. There are more than two or three trigger pullers on here that flat astound me.

Greg

As soon as work calms down a bit I'll have to do just that. I could definitely use some recoil therapy and my trigger finger has been getting awful itchy! Haha

Originally Posted By: 5spdIm hoping my 24" Savage barrel I have on order ends up shooting like your 16".
I didn't know a match P3 barrel was available, not listed from what I see, unless they are considered that?

BHW barrels are all match grade. That is why RPG uses them exclusively. All current manufactured barrels from BHW are 3P. They have made 5P in the past and in the very distant past before taht even did some Enfeild rifled tubes.

Greg

Here is one for the guys inquiring about our 6.8 barrels. You be the judge. This target was shot with my 20" Black Hole barreled upper Its a 90 grain Seirra cruising along at a modest 3000 FPS.

Back