Magpul PRS???

The PRS is a heavy stock. Great for accurate shooting, not so great if you have to lug it around in the woods.

Not trying to argu anything, but on my 16" I have a fixed ACE rifle length tube & stock with a rifle length spring with a 9mm AR buffer. Few short strokes in the few first shots but nothing since. Seems to have broken in nicely.
AKs021_zpsc08370b8.jpg

You can indeed run carbine buffers in rifle stocks as long as you have the rifle length spring. I run the st-t2 in several rifle length combos.

Originally Posted By: roky0702Get the Luth-AR MBA stock. Cheaper and lighter then the PRS with the same adjustability.

I would also suggest the LUTH-AR stock if it isn't a heavy bull barreled rifle. I have both, I installed the LUTH after having the PRS on there for a while and haven't felt the need to go back since. It's much lighter and fits the role nicely. Here it is on my Grendel I just built...

IMG_20140626_173420_486_zpsd054b5e8.jpg

Even with a 20" barrel and a can on the end the rifle balances great, honestly believe it might be lighter than my 11.5" SBR.

Originally Posted By: Redleg84
Even with a 20" barrel and a can on the end the rifle balances great, honestly believe it might be lighter than my 11.5" SBR.

Where is the balance point on this rifle?

Originally Posted By: cbass16Originally Posted By: Redleg84

Where is the balance point on this rifle?

I never checked for the balance point, I suppose that I could do that when I get home and let ya know. I probably should have said that it shoulders well and that I don't feel the need for the extra weight of the PRS stock.

EDIT: I just pulled the rifle out and gave a non-scientific knife-edge hand balance check. With out the can it balances around the center of the magazine well, with the can on the balance point shifts out to the barrel nut near the screws that mount the handguard. Rifle was unloaded, not sure what impact a magazine will have on it.

Last edited:
Are the Luth-AR stocks U.S. made?

ETA: I see the company was started by the guy that started DPMS.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: C.JayAre the Luth-AR stocks U.S. made?

ETA: I see the company was started by the guy that started DPMS.

Yes, they are US Made.

Randy Luth (Former owner of DPMS prior to the buy-out) has had it in the works for a long while actually but they finally came to market now due to non-compete clauses and other factors.

They're a great stock, and Randy is really nice guy that knows how to make a solid stock!

I have the prs on my dpms Oracle and I agree with what others are saying about the weight issue and the luth stock looks to be promising but im curious about the lop of that stock. I have the extended rubber butt pad on my prs and fully extended I still feel its a bit shorter than what I need to be comfortable. My lop is either 14.25 or 14.5 inches. Anybody know the lop of the luth?

Originally Posted By: rem700308I have the prs on my dpms Oracle and I agree with what others are saying about the weight issue and the luth stock looks to be promising but im curious about the lop of that stock. I have the extended rubber butt pad on my prs and fully extended I still feel its a bit shorter than what I need to be comfortable. My lop is either 14.25 or 14.5 inches. Anybody know the lop of the luth?

The Luth MBA-1 Stock will be approx 1/4" longer LOP than the PRS stock with both buttpads collapsed completely. The Luth stock is approx 1/4" longer extended as the PRS is extended. You're not going to gain much either way. Most stocks are going to fall within a pretty similar range of LOP.

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersOriginally Posted By: rem700308I have the prs on my dpms Oracle and I agree with what others are saying about the weight issue and the luth stock looks to be promising but im curious about the lop of that stock. I have the extended rubber butt pad on my prs and fully extended I still feel its a bit shorter than what I need to be comfortable. My lop is either 14.25 or 14.5 inches. Anybody know the lop of the luth?

The Luth MBA-1 Stock will be approx 1/4" longer LOP than the PRS stock with both buttpads collapsed completely. The Luth stock is approx 1/4" longer extended as the PRS is extended. You're not going to gain much either way. Most stocks are going to fall within a pretty similar range of LOP. thanks joe bobs i might have to look pretty hard at the luth cuz i would like my ar to lose some weight and that extra 1/4" might help some i just wished someone would design a stock similair to this for us knuckle draggers
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: rem700308thanks joe bobs i might have to look pretty hard at the luth cuz i would like my ar to lose some weight and that extra 1/4" might help some i just wished someone would design a stock similair to this for us knuckle draggers
grin.gif

Those KS guys are pretty closely related to Neanderthals I hear
wink.gif

Last edited:
Back