My girls in Predator Xtreme...just sharing!

Switch

Some of you may know my daughters, Alyssa and Jessica, are slowly becoming die-hard hunters. They've made several appearances in posts on this forum. I now take them out with me whenever I go out hunting. They've both shot predators and will be moving to upland birds and big game later this season. It's been an awesome adventure to get them to this point and I can only think they are going to get better from here.

There interests in the outdoor activities has kind of coincided with another interest of mine; outdoor writing. For a few years now I have been submitting articles to various outdoor magazines. It's mostly a hobby right now, but I'm hoping it may blossom into a something more.

Anyway, Predator Xtreme printed a recent article I wrote about passing on the hunting heritage to my daughters. Thought I'd share.

Very nice sir. I can't wait until my son is old enough to tag along. Getting the youngsters out afield is a million times better than them walking around malls or worse, sitting in front of a tv!

Well done!
thumbup.gif

Regards,
hm

I think your article could apply to introducing new people of all ages to the sport. Very informative and well written. Wishing you the best as an outdoor writer and with your experiences in the field.

You are an awesome father! Your daughter is so lucky. I don't make that comment lightly. I have seen the time you have put in over the years from your posts. You are a great example to all of us.

Last edited:
That's absolutely wonderful!

My favorite hunting season have been with the inclusion of my children as well. It just don't get no better!!

Read your article in PREDATORXTREME SWITCH. Well done. Good that your daughters are enjoying the outdoors with you. Really nice to see. Keep it up; you're doing great.

Good article and it's great to not only see the tradition of hunting to be passed down but also that the population of female hunters is growing and getting good attention which encourages more female hunters. Good job on the article.

Tim, it's always good to see and read your articles in PX! It's even better yet to see what a great dad you are to your daughters.

Thanks guys! All three of us are excited for what the upcoming season holds. I think getting their first predators out of the way will only feed their success this season. Both keep asking when we're going. I'm not a religious guy, but I feel blessed beyond words to guide these two young hunters into the world we all know and love.

Back