EO Tech on a Tikka?

BeaverKiller

I've been looking at an EO Tech 512 to mount on my Tikka T3 but have only found one rail to put on it to convert to weaver and I am not sure that it is long enough as it is in two pieces. Does anyone have experience putting a weaver or picatinny rail on a Tikka? Or using an EO Tech on a bolt action? I hunt beavers so I want the advantage of taking close shots fast.

If you are dead set on a EoT, disregard....

Have you thought about one of the microdots instead? A 512 mounted on top of a scope (I assume) is going to be huge and cumbersome. I've been using a Bushnell TRS-25 for my night rodent control; it would save you a lot of money and can go on one of the short, 3 slot sections that mount on your scope. Its a small package that has worked for me on other rifle setups, too.
I've ran a 512 before at night and prefer the small dot versus the EoT reticle in similar situations that you may face.

You may already have or prefer the EoT. If not, I've been down that road and ended up selling the 512 for an Aimpoint T1; but that's another thread! Good luck!!

Edit: I re-read your post and realize you are just looking for a rail to mount the EoT on. Can't help you on the Tikka rail, but still would recommend trying the Bushnell first over the EoT.

Last edited:
EGW makes good rails pretty cheap. I would suggest a 1-4x or 1.5-5x scope instead of an EOtech on the Tikka. You will have more options when hunting having the additional magnification.

IMO eotech good for shotgun,ar15 and pistol. Not so good on rifle. I would go with a lower magnifaction scope over an eotech on a rifle if you are shooting in low light times. Plus it will sit lower than a scope will so you might need risers to get the right check weld.

You can always ad the EOTech G33 Magnifier to the HWS sight and get the magnification that you need. The EOTech HHS1 system is what I have on my AR15 and it will shoot groups at 200 yards that can be covered with a quarter. But that's holding the rifle in a Lead Sled DFT device. I'm not able to shoot that well without the Lead Sled holding the rifle. But it you can steady the rifle well and have a good easy trigger pull you may be able to shoot that well using the EOTech EXPS1 and the G33 flip to the side magnifier. And you can take those off the picatinny rail and put them back on and still be on target pretty much. You can shoot beavers at close range with both eyes open by flipping the Magnifier out of the way and then flip the magnifier back into position and shoot another beaver at 200 yards. Just saying that EOTech has the ability to do that for you if you are a good shooter.

Back