Case Trimmer Recommendations

Centurion

I'm looking to buy a case trimmer. Since I don't have a lot to spend, I am looking at buying a manual trimmer that I could convert to possibly being powered by a drill. If anyone has suggestions that has done the same, I would appreciate hearing from you.

http://forum.snipershide.com/s4-sniper%92s-hide%AE-equipment/246519-dead-case-trimmer-fantastic-product.html

DEAD ON CASE TRIMMER Check out the reviews on this web site. Not a bad price either

Originally Posted By: Wyoming Winchesterhttp://forum.snipershide.com/s4-sniper%92s-hide%AE-equipment/246519-dead-case-trimmer-fantastic-product.html

DEAD ON CASE TRIMMER Check out the reviews on this web site. Not a bad price either

I love mine.

I wouldn't shell out big bucks until you look at the Lee case trimmer system.

For the money, this is the fastest system out there. It's simple, it's low cost, and it's fast. Chuck the shell holder in a cordless drill and start trimming. It trims as fast as you can get new brass into the chuck. I can do about 3-4 cases per minute and that includes the chamfer (you need a separate tool for this).

I think some guys might be turned off because it looks too cheap to be any good. It might not the the ultimate fastest, but it is accurate, fast, and low cost.

Grouse

Originally Posted By: FurhunterOriginally Posted By: Wyoming Winchesterhttp://forum.snipershide.com/s4-sniper%92s-hide%AE-equipment/246519-dead-case-trimmer-fantastic-product.html

I love mine.

+1

Originally Posted By: Bernie P.Another vote for Lee.

Me too.
thumbup1.gif

I use the RCBS Trim Pro that I got off of Ebay, just take the handle off and clamp on a 1/2" drill. I can do 12+ cases per 60 seconds.

Originally Posted By: BreatheandsqueezeLittle Crow Gun Works-----------You can thank me later

The dead on is a better trimmer. Micro adjustable and you can change the bushings out (20 bucks) to trim other cartridges. To trim other cases with the LCGW you have to buy another trimmer for 70 bucks. I have both and prefer the Dead On Trimmer by a long shot.

The Lee is slooooow and sucks balls doing high volume. I have a possum hollow trimmer and can trim a case every 3seconds just wish it was a 3 way. The dead on looks like a good trimmer.

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223The Lee is slooooow and sucks balls doing high volume. I have a possum hollow trimmer and can trim a case every 3seconds just wish it was a 3 way. The dead on looks like a good trimmer.

Uhhhhhh, I think you missed the original question.
If you want to talk about "high volume", your possum hollow sucks balls x 2 by a very conservative estimate.

The only reason I wouldn't consider the Lee trimmer is I primed a lot of brass I hadn't trimmed. The Lee trimmer won't trim primed brass, from what I can see.

Wilson/C&H, I like the fact that there are no pilots to change, I have one set up for my 204 wildcats(22-204, 6mm-204, 25-204) and can trim all three without having to make any adjustments. They are more accurate than one that clamps on the rim. They are cheap enough that when I find one use I pick it up and just leave it set up for a case class, one for 223/6x45, 250-3000/22-250

For calibers that are low volume, the Lee works just fine for me.

I ordered my Dead on trimmer with a carbide cutter tonight. I'm looking forward to trimming a lot of brass I have already primed.

Giraud. Period. Buy once, cry once. Absolutely the best on the market... Not cheap, but nothing of quality is.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Centurion
I ordered my Dead on trimmer with a carbide cutter tonight. I'm looking forward to trimming a lot of brass I have already primed.

I can't seem to find a link to buy one can someone point me in the right direction?

Back