Which red dot for ar?

where is the best place to get a vxr? and for the 1.24x4 models, what is the difference in it and the "hog"? or the Mark ar with firedot?

Originally Posted By: 22catwhere is the best place to get a vxr? and for the 1.24x4 models, what is the difference in it and the "hog"? or the Mark ar with firedot?

VX-R is illuminated and has a 30mm main tube they also make a VX-R Hog which is the same as the VX-R. except it has the Hog Plex retical. They also make a VX-Hog and the Mark AR are both non-illuminated scopes with a 1 in main tube. From what I can tell all of the sporting good stores have them all at the same price.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simojoIf you truly want to use it for HD, then Aimpoint is the way to go, in my opinion. You never shut it off and you change the battery once a year (if it needs it or not). One less thing to think about during the worst moment of your life.....

The T1/H1 with a 2 moa dot is small and lightweight but cost more when you factor the mount. The Aimpoint PRO comes with a mount and is less money but is a bit bigger package. I've run both an EOTech and a T1 on multiple platforms and obviously prefer the T1. I think the dot is less cluttered on the AP compared to the EoT reticle.

I also own several Bushnell TRS-25s for rifles that are not my primary HD weapon and have had no issues with them.

YMMV

+1

If the gun is to protect your life, I wouldn't consider ANY other option than Aimpoint. Eotech is popular. But, they are not as reliable and the battery life is low. You can't leave it on 24/7 like you can with an Aimpoint.

For hunting, the Aimpoint is less than ideal. Magnification will help you in low light and it will help you get a better sight picture than a Red Dot.

My solution that I use - I have a TA11J-G with an Aimpoint T1 on a Larue offset mount at 45 degrees.

It is the best of all worlds - Good magnification, reliable, and fast to transition between sights.

I have a T1 Aimpoint on a LMT MRP and I like it a lot. I have shot tens of thousands of rounds with a red dot on a pistol in IPSC so I had a short learning curve. Then again, what's to learn other than using a target focus then bring the dot to the target? The 2 moa dot works well. P-dogs are pretty much dead meat out to 2oo yards. The jury is out on whether or not I am going to use the gun for coyotes other than for close in work when hunting with my partner.

if it was me for that money, i would look at the mtac. i have the tac 30. why limit yourself to just 5 power when you could have a 1-4 with the same reticle? jmo they also have a 1.5x6x40 mtac i like.

The EOtechs and Aimpoints are both great and different enough they give you a choice of preferences. They are also kinda costly and sometimes out of people's price range. If that's the case look into the vortex sparc. The new gen 2s are coming out right now. Vortex has great customer service and a great warrantee in case something goes wrong.

Back