has anyone tried the 300 blackout yet?

I don't know this is accurate, but it is 10rds @100yds:

IMG_20140517_141303.jpg

Yes, your barrel, gas tube and flash hider and you are done with the swap. All 300 AAC Blackout are pistol or carbine gassed, most pistol gassed for use with suppressors.

I abandoned mine in favor of a 308, not because of ammo issues or reliability issues, just from a safety standpoint, my daughter shoots with me and I would never forgive myself if she had a kaboom. She has been educated on the two rounds, 5.56 and 300 Black Out, and the consequences of the wrong ammo in the wrong chamber, it just doesn't offer me enough to take the chance.

Originally Posted By: 6724what? what is it? never heard of it!

seriously, about 100 threads on it in the last 6 months!

never been in the ar section except the past couple weeks cause i just finally bought an ar last week. was hoping to skip through all the drama and extensive reading of 100 threads and get to the basics. whats penetration to a 150gr 308 round compared to. what is it compared to 30-06 and 220 grain ammo. what is it to a 270. or something similar to these calibers and bullet weights how accurate are they and what has to be done to convert but we just got two of the answers so thank you cowboy for sharing.

Originally Posted By: 22catOriginally Posted By: 6724what? what is it? never heard of it!

never been in the ar section except the past couple weeks cause i just finally bought an ar last week. was hoping to skip through all the drama and extensive reading of 100 threads and get to the basics. whats penetration to a 150gr 308 round compared to. what is it compared to 30-06 and 220 grain ammo. what is it to a 270. or something similar to these calibers and bullet weights how accurate are they and what has to be done to convert but we just got two of the answers so thank you cowboy for sharing.

It is more comparable to a 30-30 than those you have listed above.

Originally Posted By: erikc838Originally Posted By: 22catOriginally Posted By: 6724what? what is it? never heard of it!

It is more comparable to a 30-30 than those you have listed above.

Or a 7.62x39. Short range it can kill deer sized game.

i get the idea it is nothing that i thought it would be. i guess ill just wait until a 30-06 comes out in an ar platform. but i want be holding my breath for that to happen. thanks yall

Originally Posted By: 22cati get the idea it is nothing that i thought it would be. i guess ill just wait until a 30-06 comes out in an ar platform. but i want be holding my breath for that to happen. thanks yall

The 30-06 in an AR platform is out there.

Originally Posted By: BeluebowOriginally Posted By: 22cati get the idea it is nothing that i thought it would be. i guess ill just wait until a 30-06 comes out in an ar platform. but i want be holding my breath for that to happen. thanks yall

The 30-06 in an AR platform is out there.

and .308.

Originally Posted By: OrphanedcowboyI don't know this is accurate, but it is 10rds @100yds:

IMG_20140517_141303.jpg

Yes, your barrel, gas tube and flash hider and you are done with the swap. All 300 AAC Blackout are pistol or carbine gassed, most pistol gassed for use with suppressors.

I abandoned mine in favor of a 308, not because of ammo issues or reliability issues, just from a safety standpoint, my daughter shoots with me and I would never forgive myself if she had a kaboom. She has been educated on the two rounds, 5.56 and 300 Black Out, and the consequences of the wrong ammo in the wrong chamber, it just doesn't offer me enough to take the chance.

Hey cowboy, that's some good shooting!! What bullet/powder combo are you using? I have a Blackout I recently built, and I have some 125 gr. Noslers, that shot pretty good with 4227 powder. Just got some Barnes 110 grainers. Only powder I have right now is the 4227. So, I will be trying them soon. But, I just wondered what was working for you.

Kevlars

Back