Using scents to attract coyotes...

I have used rabbit and coyote urine sprayed in a mist form as the animal was going down wind. Most times the animal would come running when it smelled another coyote beating it to the rabbit.

I for one don't believe a cover scent helps to hide the human smell from a coyote. What I do believe is you can trick the coyote with different smells.....Good Hunting

I was wanting to try it to help cover my trail on the way into the woods, kinda like what you would do when deer hunting. Tie a rag to a string and tie it to my boot and let it drag behind you while your walking. Is the urine strong enough to work like that? Have you tried it with decoys? Just being curious. I like to hear from people who have used something before I run out and buy it. Thnaks for the replies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

One time a buddy had Coyotes chasing his dogs around the yard ever night and I decided that I would try sitting on his porch for a few hours in the dark with a rifle. Before I set up I opened a can of wet cat food and set it in the open field across from the porch. I had snow cover and a full moon which help my visibility and I would let loose a rabbit sqeal every 15 minutes or so. Anyway to make a long story short I had a coyote I spotted on one side of the house slip around on me and before I noticed he was there he had his nose in the can of food but was still kinda skindish about it. When I turned to raise the gun he saw me an I never got a shot of in time, but I am positive without the cat food he would have never been where he was. Just something I thought you might get a kick out of.

Back