Favorite Call!!!

ap6 by sceery, a white mouth call I bought in texas from a custom gunmaker its unmarked however I can do everything from kiy yi's, pup distress, coaxer, elk bugles, cow elk with it. On Foxpro I love juvenile fox distress, platinum grey, grey fox distress, vole squeeeks, artic hare, bay bee cottontail, female yodel howl, lighting jack works well however i tend to stay away from that and plain old jackrabbits it's used so much it wont work unless you just wanna kill this years pups. woodpecker distress, red shafted flicker, field mice distress another winner for all types of foxes in total I believe I have called in and killed at least 18 foxes with that sound alone.

I don’t think an electronic recording of this exists… but I am wondering if they would respond to a crying newborn human infant, if played at a low volume.

I had a coyote come in while I was playing baby alligator; I had been playing other sounds before that. There are no alligators in my area and doubt he even knew what an alligator was… I’m thinking it was curiosity that killed the dog…

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762 I am wondering if they would respond to a crying newborn human infant, if played at a low volume.

Yes...yes they will. My wife just about beat me when I sat there "torturing" our newborn, but I have some very fun sounds now. Throw it into a sound editing program and voila, all kinds of unique distress.

Fox will too by the way (but they are stupid and will come to just about anything).

Originally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatOriginally Posted By: Infidel 762 I am wondering if they would respond to a crying newborn human infant, if played at a low volume.

Yes...yes they will. My wife just about beat me when I sat there "torturing" our newborn, but I have some very fun sounds now. Through it into a sound editing program and voila, all kinds of unique distress.

Fox will too by the way (but they are stupid and will come to just about anything).

That is awesome... That is thinking outside the box... Coyotes are not only territorial, hungry, and greedy they are also curious... I try all kinds of sounds of things that are not native to my area..

Little dog, tally ho and tweety! Years ago I read in predator extreme, I believe, that the authors friend recorded his newborn crying and used it to call in coyotes. He said for the sake of his friend he would release his name.

When you have nearly 150 calls...and you also make your own...it's kinda difficult to come up with a set of true favorites.

However, below are just a very few of the ones I have used with success...as well as just plain liking them.

Pictured from left to right:

Back row:

...6MM Custom Calls (Clipper Strickland) -- "Lamb/Goat Distress", made from Osage, signature in the band.

...R.B. Boyd -- "Chicken Distress" (close-range), made from Bocote & Redheart, signed & dated.

...R.R. Calls (bearmanric aka Rick Robbins) -- "Honey Pot" variable-pitch open reed, made from English Walnut

...This call is either a Kerry Carver, or a Stone Coyote (badtothebone aka Rudy Calderone), I can't remember which. -- It is voiced "Baby CT", and is made from Osage.

...Stone Coyote -- "The Sparkler" (his name for it), voiced "Adult CT", made from Osage.

...ArkyYoter Game Calls (Joe Bradshaw) -- "Cotton Candy" cottontail distress, made from Louisiana Osage, signed & dated.

...Orion Calls (Doug Yancey) -- Open reed distress/howler, made from Osage.

Front row:

...Verminator "Twisted Syco"
...Verminator "Alienator"

...An ugly, but a goody...The first distress call I ever made. Variable-pitch using a TT molded toneboard, one of my hand-cut reeds, and a cowhorn tip body.
Between Oct. '07 & the present, this little call has accounted for over 150 coyotes called in (about 60% of what I've called in since '07).

...One of my own cowhorn howlers....although NOT this particular one (the one pictured "The Phantom", is just the one I grabbed for the picture).

...Another of my horn howlers -- The "Micro" howler actually IS one of those which I've had success with.

...One of my "Frenzy Pup" howlers --This one is one of the few that has been made from an antler (Elk tine), instead of a cowhorn.
Since '07, I have NEVER went to a stand w/o a Pup howler.

Originally Posted By: canislatrans54When you have nearly 150 calls...and you also make your own...it's kinda difficult to come up with a set of true favorites.

However, below are just a very few of the ones I have used with success...as well as just plain liking them.

Pictured from left to right:

Back row:

...6MM Custom Calls (Clipper Strickland) -- "Lamb/Goat Distress", made from Osage, signature in the band.

...R.B. Boyd -- "Chicken Distress" (close-range), made from Bocote & Redheart, signed & dated.

...R.R. Calls (bearmanric aka Rick Robbins) -- "Honey Pot" variable-pitch open reed, made from English Walnut

...This call is either a Kerry Carver, or a Stone Coyote (badtothebone aka Rudy Calderone), I can't remember which. -- It is voiced "Baby CT", and is made from Osage.

...Stone Coyote -- "The Sparkler" (his name for it), voiced "Adult CT", made from Osage.

...ArkyYoter Game Calls (Joe Bradshaw) -- "Cotton Candy" cottontail distress, made from Louisiana Osage, signed & dated.

...Orion Calls (Doug Yancey) -- Open reed distress/howler, made from Osage.

Front row:

...Verminator "Twisted Syco"
...Verminator "Alienator"

...An ugly, but a goody...The first distress call I ever made. Variable-pitch using a TT molded toneboard, one of my hand-cut reeds, and a cowhorn tip body.
Between Oct. '07 & the present, this little call has accounted for over 150 coyotes called in (about 60% of what I've called in since '07).

...One of my own cowhorn howlers....although NOT this particular one (the one pictured "The Phantom", is just the one I grabbed for the picture).

...Another of my horn howlers -- The "Micro" howler actually IS one of those which I've had success with.

...One of my "Frenzy Pup" howlers --This one is one of the few that has been made from an antler (Elk tine), instead of a cowhorn.
Since '07, I have NEVER went to a stand w/o a Pup howler.

The horn, though once a living part of an animal is dead; nevertheless it has, thru the artistry of its maker, been imbued with a life force of its own...

Back