Recommendations needed on tone/ shock collar

BOBTAILS

My 9 month old yellow lab is going to be hunting for the first time this fall and I want to teach to come to the tones and vibrations and only shock if nessicary. But am not sure what collar to get. She will be dove, duck, goose and some pheasant hunting.

I use a dogtra 3500 series and really like it and my wife has a tri tonic trash breaker and we both really like it to, I like the remote on the dogtra better, easier to carry for me

I started with Dogtra and they have never given me a reason to change. Good product.

Dogtra, Tritronic or Sportdog are all good.

I have trained many, many retrievers. I have used alot of different collars. The last one I bought has given me the most bang for my buck! It is a Garmin Delta. Garmin has bought tri tronics. The delta collar is expandable up to 3 dogs, has tone, vib, nick and continuous stimulation. Has 18 levels of stimulation to boot! Water proof and 1/2 mile range. And if you look hard, I found mine for $169 shipped! From fosters and smith.

Originally Posted By: SHamptonI just shoot any dog that has enough problems that it needs a collar.

Thanks for your worthless input, lol

Originally Posted By: droopysportdog collars have worked great for me. the tone to come is so much nicer than hollering for him

And that is why I use an e-collar.
The wind out here wouldn't allow my dogs to hear me no matter how loud I yell.

Been using SportDog collars for 6 years.
Currently use the 1825. I've been very satisfied.

I went throught the same thing, wondering the same questions..

I went to Cabela's and they had a chart there and the brands and models that fall into what you are looking for.

Might be the best idea for you to go there (if possible)

I got one with a vibrate, mile range, and was small and light weight, rechargable, expandable to a couple of dogs.

Think of what you want it to do, and then pick the one that fits that bill,

I prefer Tri-Tronics. Have used them for over 10 years and have been reliable.
I have the Trashbreaker model. Next system will be Tri-Tronics again.

Last edited:
Back