Gov. McAuliffe set to pass new law...

Your allowed to hunt certain animals on sunday here in PA. But no big game or small game hunting on sundays. The reason behind this, rumored that farmers and other private land owners want a day of rest where no one is on their land on that day. And sunday hunting might just shut down land that was available to hunters if they permit sunday hunting.

Congrats to Va. hunters ! This anti hunting crap has been in place way to long !

In my opinion Pa hunters let their legislature down by not speaking out a couple years ago so we too could have our right as tax payers to hunt on Sunday also.

Pa Game Commission should have a questionnaire when purchasing hunting license to fill out / mark YES or NO to Sunday hunting. I'm sure it would pass.

I have hunted in other states on Sunday and loved it. I'm being discriminated against in my own state !

Originally Posted By: LARUEminatiUp here in Massachusetts my deer hunting season consists of two Saturdays, its unbelievable.

It is the same here in Connecticut as well as Maine. The ban on Sunday hunting really stinks as it impedes on the working man and woman.

There is a bright spot. I heard that there is a bill in Massachusetts to allow bowhunting on Sunday for the deer season. So that would not be so bad.

I really don't know why they make the Sunday hunting thing such a big deal. As stated before, you can do almost anything else on a Sunday such as drink, gamble, shop,etc. In fact recall a lawsuit a number of years ago by an employee of a race track in Massachusetts about having to work Sundays and she lost.

I have hunted states such as Vermont, New Hampshire and Rhode Island which allows Sunday hunting. No problems. As an example, I will hunt locally in Rhode Island( I live within rifle shot of the state line) and hunt for a couple of hours before church or just hunt the afternoon. No gigantic deal.

Back