rs32 followup

canuroper

After 4 months of use we are still very happy with the rs32 units we ordered. The video cables still have not arrived, so no video is available yet.
We took a friend and his three boys last night. The wheat has been cut so we are able to see 600-800 yds in places.We can pick up signatures at 400-500 yds easy with the rs32, about 300 with the ps32 hand held. Id is fairly certain at 400, solid at 200. We shoot at 50-100yds, you can see their sinuses outlined at that distance and tell sows from boars.
Jim dismounts his rs32 between stalks to use as a handheld as he doesn't enjoy the weight of his ar10 (243). On spotting hogs, he remounts it, in the dark, "within one or two of the notches from the front". Drives me nuts.He hasn't checked zero since I sighted it for him in March. His gun is 6 for 6 on headshots out to 100 yds in our last 4 trips, so....
The boys, 10,12,and 12, took three nice 125-150 hogs last night. We blew one stalk because of a text message as we set them up 50 yds from a pig. Kids and their phones. They texted and posted pics as we went and said they had over 30 facebook likes by the time we quit hunting!
We had to convince one boy to NOT shoot the 30 pound pig that walked up about 6 feet from us, but to shoot over him at the bigger hog following 25 yds away. These pigs walked out of the woods as we were setting up on 6 about 60 yds out in the field.
The corn is head high and the beans won't be long getting up, so our visibility window will close back down soon, For now it's fun riding the kids and wives around scanning from the truck and stalking when we see them. We are having a blast.

Great report on the RS32 2.5X I'm really eyeing that scope myself. I've been back and forth on ordering a new thermal myself and have a RS64 1.1X coming next week to check out. I will end up buying a Thor 336 3X,RS-32 2.25X or maybe even the RS-64 1.1X just waiting to get my hands on the new RS scope to get a feel of it.

I am super excited to hear this. I have a rs64-35 coming this month. I have never looked thru one just been reading since February. I have found zero negative feedback.

Thanks for posting canuroper.
A little OT question.
What bullet is your friend using in the AR10-243.
I'm thinking on building a 243 upper for my AR10.

Update

I took my gun to the indoor range today, too bright/hot on the back porch.
Checked zero on barnes 110g vortex and my barnes 130g reloads (300blk),
both shot to same poi. Both perform very well on hogs.
Bit the bullet and pulled thermal, remounted and shot- no change. Pulled it again and mounted 2 slots back, no change in poi. Pulled,remounted original position, still on target. We shoot under 100yds most of the time, now I know i can dismount/remount if I like without significantly changing zero. (But I won't unless I have to because it still bothers me
wink.gif
) Also shot with and without suppressor, again no change. (aac sdn-6, Wilson combat 16" recon 1/8)

Jim has been shooting primarliy locally remanufactured ammo with a 95g softpoint bullet, not sure of manufacturer. He bought a box of 100g reloads this week because they were out of the 95's He doesn't get concerned over those details, he shoots pigs because he owns the fields and they are eating his crops. Honestly, 2-3 moa at 100yds is more than adequate for him. He has a Rem R25 and it does a super job for him.

Last edited:
With a good mount the RS32 should return to zero no issue. I pulled my old Thor scope on and off every hunt all fall and my POI never changed in months of doing so. Just make sure you install on the same slot every time and keep hammering hogs!

Yes. Jim pulled his between every bunch of hogs last time so he could drive and scan out the window.
No problems at all. The FLIR's use a Larue mount. It has impressed me.

Back