any maryland guys out there

reaper4

I have been hunting predators in Maryland for the last few years and am just wondering if there are any other avid predator hunters here? I have a calling partner that I got into the sport a few years ago and he has become quite the hunter. that being said we are the only ones I know of that really hunt our area. I haven't heard from one landowner that anyone else calls the fox around here and by the number of them not many people do. I would love to get a contest going this season if just for some good fun and bragging rights.

Hello. New to the forum and predator hunting. I live in Chevy Chase near DC but have a couple of hunting clubs on the Eastern Shore where I will do some calling and maybe some baiting. One is near Easton and one is near Cambridge.

I know of one avid predator hunter in Dorchester, who is also a farmer and another who lives near Annapolis, but tha's it as far as any Maryland predator hunters I know. There is a "Who is from Maryland?" thread on this page too.

There are foxes at both of my clubs and the Dorchester club is overrun by them - it's and RSA and we raise ducks there. I'm taking up predator hunting for fun, but also out of nessecity to knock down the duck loses to predators. I think we now have coyotes at the Dorchester club too, they have been across the river from us and were heard a couple of times during deer season. Need to knock down raccoon and possum numbers too.

BTW, we can hunt foxes year round day or night in Dorchester. And once the ducklings are on the ground in July we can hunt coyotes at night to stop predation.

Edit to add that I am looking forward to teaming up with my 14 yr old son, who is a better deer hunter than I am already, and coming along strong on the duck and goose hunting.

JPK

Last edited:
We have both greys and reds here, and coyotes. I've killed my share of reds here in Pa, but man I'd love to come to Maryland and chase all those reds you have there!

Berkkely springs west by God west va! Some doggies here they need to be thin out! Originally from randallstown md before everyone moved there!

Sounds like a good deal reaper I found out early this spring everyone of the areas that I was call I g on last year a pro. Trapper was working the same areas no wonder my count was way down he did very well I think 15 reds 12 Grey's and 9 yotes
But one good thing is that he sold all his stuff last year so hopefully ill have those places again by myself lol.

I believe nite hunting started today .
Good luck and stay in touch but I worked till 8 and just wanted to relax maybe tomm nite ill hit the fields for a yotes

It did. I cannot wait to get up to the mountains and call in the next week or two. I'm finishing a duck blind for my boat tomorrow then my weekends should be free and my wife gave me the OK to go camp out in the mountains and call all weekend

Hey all, I am up north of Frederick. Haven't been out calling in a while. But looking forward to this year as it has been to long. I have some pretty good properties lined up and also headed to the eastern shore in January for some goose hunting and work some private land predators.

Hey I have been hunting in Washington co MD for the last 2years greenbrier Fredrick water shed partners neck.I have run into a lot of hunters that ussaly cut things short.I have called fox in by greenbrier and caught yotes on trail cameras.I'd like to find more land and someone to hunt with.

I am up in Frederick County. I am currently working on the final details for a predator competition. I am working with the IWLA near Damascus (Montgomery County). Once more details are available, I will be promoting it. Hopefully we can get a decent turn out for the first year.

The check in will be at the IWLA in the Damascus area. Anyone across the state can participate, assuming that I get registration fees in the mail by a prior date. We are currently working out the details. I will know more in a week or so.

Hunt will be January 1st and 2nd. Starts at dusk on the 1st and ends at 11:59 on the 2nd. Check in will be from 7-9 on Sunday the 3rd. Looking forward to anyone participating!

Just email me at jeremyjohnson821@hotmail.com. I want to keep everything in 1 spot. It will make it easier on me in the long run. Thanks and looking forward to meeting you.

Back