KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Thanks Greg, you certainly are correct, you definitely want to know when this freaking thing is lit up because it is very dangerous and puts out some serious IR.

I have a red LED switch for the super IR blaster and a green LED switch for the FLIR M-Series thermal...

Here is a more representative NV photo of the awesome Larson Electronics 850nm IR Blaster out on the cattle pasture grade, it is 1/2 mile to the reflector out there on the road....

[
Cattle%20Pasture%20Road%20850nm.jpg

Here is one a hundred yards back into the live oak hammock before entering the pasture:

Cattle%20Pasture%20Road%20850nmB.jpg

Pretty much turns night into bright daylight!

Installed the SPI 720X480 waterproof mini DVR recorder so that I can record stalks and kills from the cab from the FLIR M-324 thermal video camera using a series of BNC connectors to a final RCA jack.

Also, you can see the the lite up RED LED warning that the powerful 850nm IR Blaster is ON.

SPI%20DVR.jpg

BNC%20Thermal%20Video%20Connection.jpg

Finally finished the entire install today when I hooked up the primary battery to the auxiliary battery with the 10 foot 2 AWG power cable.

This baby is all setup and ready to rock and roll FLIR style!

The auxiliary battery powers all the FLIR electronics and equipment whether or not the engine is running, the 35Ah auxiliary battery easily runs the FLIR M-324XP for 12 hours without voltage dropping below 12.5 volts. It also powers a marine waterproof USB dual port connector in the dash to charge up cell phones, Garmin GPS, FLIR scopes, FLIR handheld scanners, etc whether the engine is on or off.

Whenever the engine is running it automatically charges the auxiliary battery.

Battery%20Isolater%20Finished.jpg

This thermal [beeep] is awesome and ready to hunt night and day.

Hondini%20FLIR%20Finished.jpg

And of course, a final obligatory pic of my professional escape vehicle in front of the log cabin at the hunt camp!

Hondini%20Hunting%20Lodge.jpg

Well, that is one sweet looking buggy.

Personally I think you are giving Kevin a run for his money as a high-tech red neck! LOL.

Here is the view through the FLIR thermal camera on the UTV walking out 100 yards using the different pallet colors, inverse polarity, pan/tilt, and zoom.

CAPTKIRK_zps1b9a6bc4.jpg

The reason I am detecting so much thermal WIN here is this was after three hours of thundershowers in the middle of a downpour with a full length rain jacket on in hot humid conditions, I was thinking it would hardly work under those conditions.

Can't wait for this fall when it is cooler out and the leaves are off the trees and the brush is knocked down!

Finally finished installing the professional Walker Evan rear shocks and they totally refined the ride on the UTV to a new level.

These are the same shocks that come standard on the Polaris RZR 1000 Baja Race UTV except I talked to the people at Walker Evans and had them re-valve them for rock crawling and trail riding instead of high speed racing.

Really smooths out the view on the FLIR M-324 thermal camera when cruising around 10-15 mph, eliminating the shake and vibrations!

WE%20Rear.jpg

WE%20Installed%20on%20Rear.jpg

LOL, this is getting too easy....

I'm cruising down the forest road out back in the UTV with the FLIR M-324 running and see two distinct hot spots about 250 yards ahead, cut the engine and watch them darting out of the thick cover on the side of the road. Decide to exit the UTV and stalk up a little closer on the road with the FLIR T-70 to see if it is a couple of coons or possibly some hogs?

Take a sitting position in the middle of the road (full moon coming up bright) and watch them in the thermal scope, decide they are in fact some hogs and about to get up to mosey in a bit closer when suddenly they both take off running right down the middle of the road towards me?

Caught a little off balance but watch them keep coming, at 125 yard coming right at me I decide to take out the one on the left with a frontal head shot as this is too good to be true and don't want to have them run off into cover.

BAM, he drops in his tracks with bullets between the eyes!

Other dude halts in his tracks and looks his buddy over and three seconds later BAM - head shot and he drops in his tracks.

Couple of 90 pounders are in the sausage grinder!

Hondini%20Shoats%20Front.jpg

Hondini%20Shoats%20Red%20Led.jpg

Hondini%20Shoats.jpg

Awesome!

Picked up some nice .308 targets on the game cam behind the house for this weekends hunt, about a dozen 400 pounders.....

7-14-14%20184B.jpg

Installed a beautiful Larson Electronic 27 Watt RED LED spot blaster and man is it totally professional first class all the way.

The Red LED Light knocks your socks off and I will be using this cruising around at night with the FLIR thermal on when not using 850nm NV IR LED lights!

I had another 2-Rigid Industries White 4" LEDs with four LEDs with a Rigid Industries Red Plastic Lens covering the white LEDs, it pretty much suxed as you were hard pressed to see 100 feet in the dark with the weak filtered red light.

The real RED LEDs are 10X better and blow the red lens covers away.

Larson%20Red%20Led%20Front.jpg

Larson%20Red%20Led%20On.jpg

SkyPup,

I used to feel guilty because of all my toys but you have enabled me to live a totally guilt free and possibly even envious life.... I guess I should thank you but I'm too busy plotting how to gather more toys and start hog hunting in all my spare time like you do...
wink.gif

$bob$

Eating breakfast before leaving home for work this morning and 20 hogs are in my driveway, Browning Hi-Power takes down a sow with a headshot at 75 feet, breakfast bacon sizzling....

Hi%20Power%20Hog.jpg

FLIR T-70 ends this song dogs singing career at 175 yards behind the barn tonight, called in two dogs and killed this one and tried to get the other but he was moving out to fast after his buddy dropped dead in his tracks!

175%20Yard%20Dog.jpg

175%20Yard%20DogB.jpg

Back