some grendel goodness

Brownie

Finally got my grendel upper from SD today. Im super happy with it and cant wait for my brass to get here so I can load up some rounds and do some shooting.

side charging upper
6.5 grendel 20" 1:9 twist rock creek barrel
Nickel boron bcg
Topped with SWFA 3X15 in qd pepr

Lower is a RRA with luth skeletonized stock, cmmg 3# trigger.

I had one question. Is there a special bolt release you have to use on these uppers. Mine was not clearing the upper and would not let the bolt slide freely

Looks good, glad to see that Scott's getting some shop time again.

I don't know enough about the side handle upper configuration to help.

Looks good, I just finished my Grendel a couple days ago as well. I was about to order one of those barrels from SD but I ended up going with Lilja instead. Let us know how it shoots.

You will love this upper and the Grendel too ----
Don't know about your bolt release -----
Maybe just a little fitting ----
Good luck --
Thx

Originally Posted By: Anton ChigurhLooks good brownie. Mine should be ready soon also. I'm curious to see how yours shoots and what you come up with on the bolt release.

thanks im excited to shoot it but my wife donated her kidney on Monday and is out of commission for a few weeks. so between work keeping up with housework and taking care of 3 kids I doubt it will be anytime soon.

Originally Posted By: BrownieOriginally Posted By: Anton ChigurhLooks good brownie. Mine should be ready soon also. I'm curious to see how yours shoots and what you come up with on the bolt release.

thanks im excited to shoot it but my wife donated her kidney on Monday and is out of commission for a few weeks. so between work keeping up with housework and taking care of 3 kids I doubt it will be anytime soon.

Sounds like you're a busy guy. Wish your wife a speedy recovery. You waited this long, what's a couple more weeks?

Originally Posted By: BrownieFinally got my grendel upper from SD today. Im super happy with it and cant wait for my brass to get here so I can load up some rounds and do some shooting.

side charging upper
6.5 grendel 20" 1:9 twist rock creek barrel
Nickel boron bcg
Topped with SWFA 3X15 in qd pepr

Lower is a RRA with luth skeletonized stock, cmmg 3# trigger.

I had one question. Is there a special bolt release you have to use on these uppers. Mine was not clearing the upper and would not let the bolt slide freely

Looks like my XSR side charge upper. Mine is right charge only and I have no issues with it, I think I used the cmmg lower parts kit, I will have to check my reciepts. But I have no issues with mine.

Was going to try 123 Amax but could not find any so I got some nosler 120 gr nosler BT for now. I got varget, XBR, I'm going to try those and go from there.

I finally built mine for my birthday and after shooting I wondered why I waited so many years. Great caliber in a great platform.

thumbup1.gif

Midway had 123 A max lately ----
Worth watching or calling ----
Got some --- have been using 95Vmax and are Awesome ---
Good luck
Thx

I have hands lots of grendels and they are a good reason I don't have any 5.56/.223 ar's! 123 a max go quick when they do come in stock. I have a few hundred 95 vmax and would spare some if you care to try them. You can get them going pretty fast w/29.0gr xbr, they shoot flat and are devastating!

31 grains of CFE223 and 123 g Amax shoots 1/2 MOA in my rifle at about 2500 fps out of a 20" barrel.

You shouldnt need a special bolt release. I had a side charge Grendel from SD and used a standard bolt release on mine.

Originally Posted By: reb8600You shouldnt need a special bolt release. I had a side charge Grendel from SD and used a standard bolt release on mine.

Scott sent me the release I tried 2 different releases and neither worked.

Back