53.5 lb dog eater

The Dominator- For skinning as long as you get a hitch on back you'll be able to build any of the winch style skinning poles that you see a lot of people using. Do a search and there will be plenty of designs to copy. Good luck.

THICK NECKED male, didn't get a weight

2012-11002.jpg

crap those are some huge coyotes! Nice coats too, those hides should be worth SOMETHING, and the mounts worth more. You are going to have a whole pack of them soon in your mancave, living room, bedroom, shed, and kitchen (if the wife allows you to get that far)!

Yeah there was a time when I was really into mounts but haven't got any done in a few years when I got three wolves(2 shoulder, 1 full body). Sold one shoulder mount this year and will likely sell the other.

I almost hate the black coyote mount I have, first because I didn't shoot it... it's poorly done and has red fox eyes... haha. Also have a coyote shoulder mount that has cat eyes. Thanks god the prices are more than reasonable. I'm done now untill maybe I shoot something really special(really big coyote or odd coloration). My neighbour shot these.

P1000015.jpg

P.E.I. home of the World's largest Blue Fin Tuna and Great White sharks. Would love to have one of them stuffed but the tuna are food and the Great White would land me in prison. Also we have some pretty cool yotes but no big game at all. We had deer and black bear but they were all shot.

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't even know they were coyotes in PEI. What a shame for a Canadian eh! Since there's no more deers in PEI, what do these yotes prey on to get that big?

mice mostly...snowshoe hare, grouse, geese, ducks, potatoes, cats ,snakes,corn, skunks, raccoons,fox,beaver, dogs, calves,seals, whales, lambs, blueberries, each other. etc. Whatever it takes man..calories are calories to these things.

I didn't shoot this one but thought I'd share the story from this evening.

With a couple hours of light we made our way down to the shore and called an interior tidal body of water(estuary) that has woodland between it and the dunes/ocean. I should have taken pictures it's really cool looking.

Well we start off with some beta female howls and have what sounds like a monster coyote challenge back to us but a mile to our west. I mean we could easily do at least one call in between where we were and that coyote. There was a road with traffic, people walking dogs etc between us. We had a pretty good idea of where he was so after the call we back tracked to the truck and planned our attack.

We could take the truck fairly close to the north side of where we figured he was so we just needed to walk 300-400yds in. Put my hunting buddy in the firing lane and let out some challenge howls on the open reed. A minute later we had this old dog rattling window panes in the neighborhood challenging back. Some pup whines and we had him out on the treeline which was 230yds out. We were both prone locked on and I got to watch the big dog for a couple minutes before his Browning Varmint Stalker 22-250 cracked and tipped over the coyote.

He was a big one but as with the others in the last week these sunny afternoons/cold weather are playing heck with the fur. Weighed in at 50lbs.

imagejpeg_6_zps3847feb2.jpg

If that 50 pounder was furred up like this 44lber I shot in the fall, he'd be getting stuffed I'd say.

mange015-1.jpg

Not too many big ones this year but if I remember correctly this pair were mature and likely mid 40's

Lot2056-20121117-00066.jpg

Last edited:
Great job on those big PEI coyotes , really nice looking songdogs......... keep up the great work!
Thanks for posting photos of the kills,
Well there is certainly some very nice sized coyotes over on PEI, maybe some of the very biggest out there! Here is a photo of a guy with one from here in Northern Maine , he is 6'3" and a very large guy check out this one that comes in OVER sixty lbs.............. no mice on his menu this old fella was strictly a whitetail eater!!

Ditto here on the wolf blood in them , they are not true coyotes at all..............

Last edited:
Exciting day for you. I am impressed. That is a big yote. Hopefully your neighbor will feel a bit more at ease knowing this monster is gone.

Back