Show your Savage rifle

Here is my second savage, although I bought it as just an action from a local smith, I guess it originally was a .243. It' now my short action switch barrel rig, this pic has a 24" 260AI Shilen CM barrel, Sightron SIII 8-32x56 and McMillan F-Class stock, Burris Sig Zee Rings. The tactical bolt handle also came from the smith I bought the action from.

260aicropped.jpg

This was my first savage, a 111 FCNS long action in 30/06. I also have a factory contour Shilen CM 338-06 for this long action.

SSB1.JPG

Which I eventually turned into this 6mm REM AI with a 28" Shilen SS select match barrel, S.S.S. Stock, recoil lug and over sized bolt handle, which also sports a Sightron SIII 8-32x56

6mmai.JPG

I loves me my Savage rifles!!

A few of mine

223AI Shilen barrel
shilen223002.jpg

6br Shilen barrel
fbarngetest008.jpg

22-250 Lothar Walther barrel
20br001-1.jpg

6-284 Benchmark barrel
2011-07-05_15-49-40_591.jpg

20br Pacnor barrel
2011-08-31_18-57-43_335.jpg

204 Ruger Shilen barrel
uglysavages2004.jpg

Why do Savage owners keep the big red/white AccuTrigger or AccuStock stickers on their stocks? I know a few people that do it and I see it on the web quite a bit. Those stickers come off, you know.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGWhy do Savage owners keep the big red/white AccuTrigger or AccuStock stickers on their stocks? I know a few people that do it and I see it on the web quite a bit. Those stickers come off, you know.
I took mine off that was a picture taken when I first got it. Also it helps distinguish it from the less accurate rifles with the trigger recall stickers.

Savage target action, Criterion 30" 260AI, H-S Precision stock

I never have understood why people think Savages are SO ugly, and I've tried to see the ugly. Ether way I know a Savage rifle looks twice as good with a picture of the groups it shoots. This is 300 yards.

so im not the only one who shoots at wrapping paper.Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerSavage target action, Criterion 30" 260AI, H-S Precision stock

I never have understood why people think Savages are SO ugly, and I've tried to see the ugly. Ether way I know a Savage rifle looks twice as good with a picture of the groups it shoots. This is 300 yards.

Originally Posted By: crow sniperso im not the only one who shoots at wrapping paper.

Yup, the stuff works well. I have to grab it when the girlfriend isn't around though.

Back