dillon press id

NdIndy

I picked this up at Auction but can't Find a model number. BeSides knowing it's worth more than I paid and missing a couple accessories I could use an assist.

Looks like an XL650, from what I can see. And it appears brand new. Heres a couple of good links for info on setting them up and some of the kinks.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?s=fd680bc551c4f9ae1bd297f93012f780&showforum=78

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/the_forum.html

Did you get the manual with it? If not I can probably send you the electronic version.

They are the nuts for pistol loading, and some people use them for rifle but I don't like them for that, would still rather do the old one at a time for my rifles.

Did you get the case feeder with it?

Last edited:
Definitely looks like an XL 650. The strong mount and bullet tray are both extra's. Looks like all you need is the case feeder, low primer sensor, dies and bullet tray and you are ready to load. What did you pay at auction? Did it come with the caliber conversion you need for the caliber you want to load?

Thanks, I only got whats in the picture. I could tell it was too big to be a 550. Regardless of model I can spot a blue press a mile away. I looked all over hoping for a tag or stamp with the model on it. I almost got it for $50, but there was 1 other reloader there that went against me, ended up at 170. Ill have to keep an eye for the rest of the parts. As long as it uses regular dies im set for every caliber i own.

I also got a new looking rs2 press, rcbs 25-06 and 30-06 dies for $15 each. None of which i dont already have but for that price i couldnt pass on them.

That sounds to me like the deal of the century on a 650. Way to go! I saw one go for $650 a few months back but you take the cake on that! Enjoy the press.

They will use regular dies. But you will need conversion kits for almost every caliber. Tool heads for every caliber make life much easier. Powder dies for each tool head and odds and ends such as primer pick up tubes, primer magazine tubes....
It gets expensive. I just picked up a rl550b and have been picking up odds and ends to be able to load 380,9,38/357,40,45,221,223. Cost a small fortune and I've been picking most of the stuff up used. AR15.com reloading equipment exchange is a great place to find used parts, but you have to be quick as it goes fast.

Originally Posted By: SodakJimThat's a 650 alright. I don't know anyone that wouldn't give you 2 times what you paid for it.

The other guy talked to me afterwards, I told him I'd sell it to him for $400, he stared at me for a good ten minutes and you could see the wheels turning
laugh.gif
Every time I saw him he just stared at me, think if I'd said $350 I'd have doubled my money before I even paid for it
smile.gif

Back