Alabama ROLL CALL for coyotes, please check in and say HI !!

Limestone county here and im new to predator hunting. I have an custom built AR and a CZ 527 on the way. Hoping to start hunting them at night, as soon as the permits come in.

Whats up fellers, lee county checking in. Raised in etowah co, but have always done most of my hunting in east central part of the state. I had my luck in order enough to take down 4 this fall and winter. 3 of them was a coincidence while deer hunting, but still a thrill for me. I'm gonna get after them a few more times now that deer season is over, and considering something in the .204 variety for this summer.

I wish AL would open up night time hunting and lights for coyotes, outside of deer season. Probably just wishful thinking though. Shotgun only would be fine by me, just so we could get out there without special permits. Any thoughts?

Picked up these two this weekend. Gonna do a full story over in the predator hunting forum tomorrow when I get a minute to sit down and type it out.

IMG_0814_zps74bd492a.jpg

Last edited:
The 2014/15 Seasons and bag limits, draft is on the outdoor Alabama site. It looks like changes are highlighted in green, and there is a reference that says see 220-2-.07 for legal hunting hours. Does anyone know what this is?

This on the top of pg 9 under Coyote fox bobcat and piggies.

??????

Hello Dead Right There,
I will start next week and try to take a few off some property that has some deer predation from Coyotes. I usually wait until September but I have noticed the deer herd in this area becoming fewer and I believe that it is from late spring to summer predation on the fawns.
Montana

Greetings Alabama coyote hunters, I live in East Alabama in Randolph County. I enjoy reading your post. Are any of you seeing sign of coyotes marking their areas now?

Not sure about marking there areas. What does that look like? What do they do to mark a territory?
Ill be out hunting/calling them here shortly.

Hey all you folks
smile.gif
Hows it going with all of yall? Just checking in to say hi and to see if anyone is doing any hunting? I went out a few weeks ago with a friend of mine who has some land up in Lamar Co but we got up there a little late and we didnt see anything or hear any calling going on, then we came on back home before dark. I saw a few tracks in the dirt roads but nothing overwhelming.

Whitey, you still around and are you hunting any or are you being smart and staying under the ac? LOL

Hey everyone,
New to this site. I am getting ready to get after some coyotes on a friends property in Jackson County. I live in Huntsville for the time being (may be moving to Gurley or New Market area soon). I look forward to sharing stories and hearing advice from everyone.

Hey john I've been Mia recently. And didn't catch your post. I haven't been doing much hunting, I sent you an email earlier tonight after I got to thinking I haven't heard from you in a while.

Great talking with you tonite David!!! Hopefully I can get me a scope lined up pretty soon and try out my new AR10, I may even let you load my magazines and tote it to my stands for me, hahahaha
smile.gif

We'll keep in touch buddy.
John

I still haven't lined up any places to hunt down here. Been pretty hot, haven't put any effort into it. There are 3 WMA's in the county so I guess I can hunt them if nothing else, but it's gotta cool off some first LOL

Did a little talking around and found to new pieces of property to hunt. And I might nave a third in the next few days. Now I'm itching to get after them again.

W21,
I got your pm and am thinking it through
smile.gif
and I will keep you updated.
And you may just need a reckneck named John to help you have a second set of eyes to hunt that new property
thumbup.gif
, LOL
And besides, we need to go break in my new AR !!! Still have to get me a scope for it though.

When you are out walking the new land, please watch out for them crawly bastages that slithers.

Back