Show your Savage rifle

Theshedhunter

Lots of shooters seem to think Savage rifles are butt ugly. I know this has been done before a few years back ( apologies to pyscodog ) but I think we need to remind some folks just how good Savages really look! Show us those Savage pics! I'll start with my favorite, Ugly Betty the all day long 1/2 MOA 22-250.
tt1.gif

Savage 12FV in .223 with a Mueller 4-16x 50AO scope. Stock is a DuraMaxx. The photo has the factory bolt handle, but I've since switched it out for a tactical bolt handle from Sharp Shooter Supply.

Savage 12 VLP in 22-250 with a Bushnell Elite 6500 4-32x50. 1:12 twist. No mods necessary. Shot 50 gr V-max and 40 gr Noslers in .5" or better groups right out of the box.
76160F40-AED1-4DEF-AF20-058BF8852120-12175-000001C7D06467F2_zpsd2f40dba.jpg

My Savages look their level best when sitting in my safe with the door closed and locked. Sort of the Sara Jessica Parker of the rifle world.

This is my LR groundhog getter "Shirley" in 6.5x47mm Lapua. Still needing new bolt knob, Harris S-BRM bipod and 20moa seekins precision scope base.

65x47mm05-27-14001_zps72774a56.jpg

I am Cerakoting a Savage rebuild of mine right now (fast twist .220 Swift), but won't have any pictures of it until next week. It is in parts strung all over my shop at the moment.

However, until then, here is a pic of my friends Savage that I did the Cerakote job on for him a couple months ago. It is a Savage 110 FP in 25-06, all factory except the finish and stock. Stock is a Choate. It is a real shooter, 1/2 MOA all day long. Cerakote in Texas Tan and Desert Sand. Yeah, I know the bipod is backwards, I didn't have the lug to attach it to for pics, and had to just set it on there. It wouldn't balance the right way, had to reverse it. You get the idea though. I think the scope is a Bushnell Tactical if I remember right.

20111121102600_zps7c6fa8ea.jpg

This now wears a 8.5-25x50 vx3 mounted in burris extreem 6 screw rings on a weaver 20moa base. Waiting on my criterian match 308 barrell.

Last edited:
No apology needed. I like Savages as well as Remingtons. I can't seem to see the "ugly" in A Savage. If your refering to Ugly Betty, my 243AI,hey, there's more than one Bill! Nice rifles guys...and girls!

Originally Posted By: RustydustMy Savages look their level best when sitting in my safe with the door closed and locked. Sort of the Sara Jessica Parker of the rifle world.

Not exactly sure how to interpret this, but got a laugh just the same...several interpretations..lol

I see none posted so far that I would turn my nose up at.
Nice Rifles!

My .22-250 stainless with a Weaver Grand Slam 6-20 on top overlooking a South Dakota dog town. This might be one of thee most accurate factory rifles I have ever owned.

DSCN1018.jpg

Just got done putting this one back together. It was a shot out 22-250, and got a new lease on life with a new fast-twist .220 Swift barrel. Got about 20 rounds down the barrel and it has already shot 2, five shot groups under 3/4 MOA with no load workup at all. Have my first batch of testing loads ready to shoot as soon as the winds lays a bit.

1995 Savage action
Shilen Stainless Select Match barrel, 26", .220 Swift, 1-8" twist
Choate stock
Timney trigger
Leupold 6.5x20x40 VX-III with target turrets
All Cerakote done myself, colors used are Texas Tan, Desert Sand, and Multicam Green.

Back