FYI more bullet blems at Midsouth

Preshate the info. I went ahead and ordered me 1000 of those 50 grain .224 poly tipped bullets. At $108 shipped that's a pretty decent price these days.

I am leaving on a week long prairie dog hunt in a couple of weeks and I hope that I will be needed these (and more!) to replace what I shoot up. Actually, I have plenty enough to last me another couple of years yet but may as well get some more now.

Chupa the blems shows up on Midsouths home page the window changes with different products but the blems will show up click the pic takes you to the list.

Originally Posted By: BearAre the blems just cosmetic?

Been shooting them for over 10 years. Most of the times I can't seen any difference with them but sometimes if you look hard you can see that maybe the polymer tips or the jackets a bit off color. They shoot just fine. I never had a ground squirrel or prairie dog complain.

I cant say about those particular bullets because I am not sure who the manufacturer is. I think that as long as you slip one in between a yotes ribs it is not going to matter much what kind of expanding bullet that you use. Personally, I would rather use the Nosler Ballistic Tips on critters the size of coyote than I would the Hornady Vmax, but would use either if that was what I had on hand.

A speedy .22/250 AI load sure could cause some splashes on an animal if not hit right with too lightly constructed a bullet that's for sure

I got my 40's Monday, they look good and they are definitely vmax shaped, though the tips are blue. I can only assume that they are from a first run while they are setting up the press and they got some different color tips so they can sell them off cheap without giving away their identity. Does that seem logical?

Back