Glock 20 Hunting Holster Recommendations

I have two Diamond D chest rigs and they are GREAT! They were made for long barrel big bore revolvers and im able to carry them all day with no problems.

I wear my G20 daily in a Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster. Well built, weatherproof, rock solid retention with instantaneous release when needed, and all for about $40! Best of all the "jacket slot" allows me to wear the holster on my pants and then put on my backpack with the hip belt fitting nicely in the slot. Taking off the pack and still be wearing the gun is VERY important to me. In winter I wear it in an Michaels of Oregon GunMate cordura chest rig under my snowsuit while riding my trap line. Very well built, excellent fit and exceptionally well priced at about $30. Several of my friends are now wearing that chest rig for all around use.

Link to photo of Blackhawk. www.blackhawk.com/product/Sportster-SERPA-Holster,1146,1410.htm

I am not much for chest holsters, unless wearing some sort of
Molle vest. I prefer thigh holsters, or the Blackhawk CQB
serpa retention holster already mentioned. For a thigh
holster, it doesn't get any better than this:
http://www.spectergear.com/searchresults.asp?cat=67

It comes in handy for strapping to vehicles, like on the
ROPS of my Kubota when working in the woods. Just unsnap
the belt clip, and use the thigh straps to strap it to
a rack on a ATV, or as mentioned a ROPS bar, or anything
solid.

Squeeze

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGMy wife asked what I would like for Father's Day and I sent her to Diamond D's website

Thanks All

Congrats! I think you made an excellent choice. Mine shipped Friday, should have it next week. That completes my G20 project, 3.5 connector, stainless guide rod and #22 pound recoil spring, Warren Tactical two dot tritium sights, Underwood 200 gr. XTP @ 1,250 fps., DiamondD GC chest holster. I am going to wring out the factory Glock barrel and see how it shoots but if there is any other change it will be a KKM stainless barrel to handle some 220 gr. hard cast.

GC,

I reload so I bought a KKM barrel for better chamber support and it's been great with the 220 hard cast, but the 200 XTP's are my favorite for hogs. I also installed a set of Trijicon HD night sights too.

I posted some of my reloading and factory test loads on the 10mm Firearms Forum.

PS: Thanks for the Berretta recommendation because the A400 (mild recoil) is serving her well.

Last edited:
12-18" of depth (depending where I shoot them) @ 25yds. Since it's a shallower HP and slightly harder, it expands slower and penatraits deeper and it hits with some authority over GD, or other bonded bullets. The round/flat nose hard cast has to much penetration and goes through them so I'm looking at Semi wadcutters (to help with keeping the wound channel open) from Laser Cast.

I will use GD for SD or deer. However, I haven't used them long enough or recovered many (through and through) to give any more information.

Also, I'm really liking the 10mm (the #1 reason I started reloading) so I'm going to start some unscientific testing.

PS: The 180gr XTP is also a great choice, but 155gr XTP (regardless of velocities) does not penetrate as well as the 180 & 200 XTP

Last edited:
Back