No warranty Weatherby?

BOWLSEYE

After bringing home a new Vanguard S2 and going through the paper work and not seeing a warranty card, I found in the manual's small print the following, and I am paraphrasing it.

Because of the confidence they have in their products, Weatherby® does not provide a written warranty, but rather stands behind its reputation for customer service and satisfaction.

Hmmm. Regardless of their product I find that about as cheesy as their adds with the boss in his designer jeans and satin shirt.

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyRuger is the same way. They'll fix whatever problems you may encounter.

Chupa

Good to know. Thanks Chupa.

Are you saying you wish there were a process to register and process a warranty? Instead of just letting the manufacturer take care of you without any additional paperwork involved. I really don’t see the big deal here...

If the Weatherby fails, they’ll take core of the issue. Seems pretty simple and convenient to me.

Originally Posted By: BOWLSEYEAfter bringing home a new Vanguard S2 and going through the paper work and not seeing a warranty card, I found in the manual's small print the following, and I am paraphrasing it.

Because of the confidence they have in their products, Weatherby® does not provide a written warranty, but rather stands behind its reputation for customer service and satisfaction.

Hmmm. Regardless of their product I find that about as cheesy as their adds with the boss in his designer jeans and satin shirt.

If you think they are cheesy, why did you buy their stuff - maybe you would be better off with a Savage and no designer jeans.

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: BOWLSEYEAfter bringing home a new Vanguard S2 and going through the paper work and not seeing a warranty card, I found in the manual's small print the following, and I am paraphrasing it.

If you think they are cheesy, why did you buy their stuff - maybe you would be better off with a Savage and no designer jeans.

Actually.... I'd take the jeans and the shirt over both the Weatherby and the savage but that's just me..

Originally Posted By: jrdracingTry and get Ruger to repair their 357 Maximum, not going to happen, but they will buy it back.

Let's hear the story.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: jrdracingTry and get Ruger to repair their 357 Maximum, not going to happen, but they will buy it back.

Let's hear the story.
Chupa

The 357 Maximum was a very badd design idea - they flame cut the backstrap so bad that guns self destroy themselves. There is no fix for it, unless you shoot it at regular 357 levels.

Then it sounds like if they are willing to buy back an un-repairable item, they are doing everything they can possibly do to make things right for the consumer.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyThen it sounds like if they are willing to buy back an un-repairable item, they are doing everything they can possibly do to make things right for the consumer.

Chupa

Kinda sounds that way to me too. Something's out there are fading off into the history books for a reason. In the case of this particular handgun/cartridge combo it belongs there and there ain't much sense in hanging on. I'd sell if it were me. Then I would replace it with something I could shoot and enjoy.

Carried a NAA 22mag in boot for a decade. Trigger spring broke and I sent it in expecting a call with a cost. Got it back with a new spring, grips and polished like new and no bill. I don't recall getting any written warranty.

A written warranty is only as good as the company that provided it.

So to summarize.........you bought a Weatherby, nothing is wrong with said Weatherby, instead of a written warranty they say they are confident they will fix the issue, and finally you don't like Ed Weatherby's fashion choices.....

Sounds like a terrible experience
rolleyes.gif

Rossi has a written warranty, you could always go that route
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotHey, Theres no call to bring Facts into this argument!!!!!!
smile.gif

some would complain if they were buried in new shoes.

Dang right I would complain.....There is a reason I wear my broke in shoes over new...

357 Max repair was for a small nick on the barrel which was caused when my safe was attempted to be burglarized. Pistol was hung on the inside of the door and fell and was damaged.I was trying to get the barrel replaced.The forcing cone is not eroded, back strap is no more flame cut than the average 44/357 mag. Have run hundreds of rounds thru it shooting steel with IHMSA. The lightest bullet it has seen is 180 grain. The reason there was so many so called problems were the fools trying to shoot 110/125 grain bullets thru it at supersonic speeds.

Had a problem with my Weatherby, called them and not only did they take care of the issue, they even stated that if I had another issue, they would send me another firearm to replace it.

8 days later, problem fixed and never had another problem.

Originally Posted By: ksyotehunterOriginally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotHey, Theres no call to bring Facts into this argument!!!!!!
smile.gif

some would complain if they were buried in new shoes.

lol.gif

Dang right I would complain.....There is a reason I wear my broke in shoes over new...

Originally Posted By: SShooterZOriginally Posted By: ChupathingyRuger is the same way. They'll fix whatever problems you may encounter.

Chupa

Good to know. Thanks Chupa.

Yep,,,, I broke the stock on a seven year old Red Label (my fault).
They replaced the stock free of charge.

All I am saying is if your that confident in your product, put it in writting, i.e. (Howa rifles provides a Five Year Warranty to the Original Owner of this firearm, that is specific to the function and operation of the guns offered under the Legacy Sports International firearms license. This warranty does not extend to obvious abuse or misuse of the firearm or if the firearm is used for any purpose other than hunting, competition or sporting situations.)

Seems like I heard that Howa makes the Weaterby Vanguards so what is the differance? And before anybody says "why didn't you buy a Howa then?" it was a 257 WBY Mag.

As far as designer clothes, I think a glamour photo of the head cheese is more of an ego thing cause there weren't any gift certificates to Mens Warehouse in the box either. I would much rather see a company focus on the customer and products. Show me a rancher who has owned the same rifle for 40 years and uses it to mend fence or something other than an add out of GQ.

I don't care how somebody spends their money, and if your successfull, more power to you. But that said I sure the heck don't want to see it in an add for a gun I am thinking about buying, cause that just tells me I am paying too much no matter what the price.

Back