Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2982506 - 08/04/16 09:45 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
dennyd Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: mn
The best case lube i have ever used and i have tried a hundred different store bought and homemade lubes, is plain old chapstick, hanging in every checkout counter in every store. i even made a little holder so it stands up right next to my press, take the cap off, rub 2 fingers across the top of the chapstick and run arond the case a second, i have a q-tip with some on it that i roll around in the neck of the case and in the die it goes, works everytime, no dents ever, no stuck cases ever, slides up in the die like greased lighting. Then hot water and dawn dish soap rinse and slosh and dry. My search is over, for a hundred cases you don't even use a 1/8 of an inch of chapstick, it syays on your fingers for several cases, a little on the neck, non on the shoulder and some on the case, awesome stuff, .39 cents will maybe do a thousand cases.

#2990643 - 09/02/16 06:15 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
pyscodog Online
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
I started using this mixture and it works very well. I had one thing happen that was a little unusual. I had a batch of brass fresh out of the tumbler and sprayed it down with the mix. I had stuff to do so I let it set over night. The next day, I had dark stains all over my freshly tumbled brass. I ended up running it through the tumbler again to shine it back up. Other than that, it works very well.

#3011815 - 11/26/16 03:14 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
texken Offline
Predator Master

Loc: texas
been using the home made recipe for a while, when I expand necks I stand the case's upright and do a light spay down into the necks.

#3040870 - 02/02/17 12:31 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
hawkeye58 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Iowa
I have found nothing better for high volume reloading.

Time saved alone regardless of money saved is worth making your own.

Chris

#3062530 - 04/08/17 09:59 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
jimmy917 Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Ohio
I recently tried the lee paste in alcohol. It does separate, but a quick shake is all it takes. I put one tube in 16 oz. of 91% isopropyl alcohol, mix and spray onto cases. Dries kind of powdery, works well, easy to wipe off. I've processed close to 1000 cases with it, used about 3 oz. of the mixture.

#3062557 - 04/08/17 11:44 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Cast Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
The lanolin I use is liquid. There is a very small rato of liquid lanolin to 99% isopropyl. I spray the cases and seat the bullets, the spray evaporates and leaves dry little lanolin. It's good for your skin. I don't even wipe them after loading, they go in the ammo box. I never notice anything remaining on them at the range, and I go from bench to range.

#3082613 - 07/25/17 03:46 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: Cast]
bigdog1 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Mesa, Az
coconut oil is the best use very sparingly I just lubed a thousand cases and set them aside. For sizing later. Just a drop or two on your hand. Rub hands together, roll cases between hands, Viola never a stuck case. Try it you will like it. It is about 4 bucks a quart at grocery store. it is solid to 76 degrees and then it melts. Can be used liquid or solid.

Dave

Edited by bigdog1 (07/25/17 03:47 PM)

NRA MEMBER
GUNS HAVE ONLY TWO
ENEMIES; RUST AND POLITICIANS

#3083585 - 07/31/17 08:23 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Jason50cal Offline

I use the liquid lanolin and alcohol but will have to try the coconut oil as I have to order the lanolin

#3097045 - 10/13/17 10:07 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Navigator Offline
Seasoned Member

Ill be making some myself this weekend. Will use Lanolin paste and melt it via hot water, then will add 99% alcohol.
JM

#3111184 - 12/10/17 06:27 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
shepherm Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Yukon, OK
I used the lanolin mix for the first time yesterday. It worked pretty good but it was a pita to remove it in the SS media tumbler.. If anyone is using a SS media tumbler and having a tough time getting the lanolin off, try Woolite laundry detergent. My normal dawn and lemishine didn't do anything to the lanolin except coat everything in a nasty mess. I tried everything I had in the house (simple green, All detergent, dawn, and lemishine) and some helped but NOTHING worked like a little Woolite in the tumbler.

#3111279 - 12/10/17 11:49 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
if you still have your vibratory tumbler, crushed walnut takes lanolin off brass in 20 mins, give or take.

#3116073 - 12/25/17 07:32 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Hellgate Online
Seasoned Member

Loc: Orygun
I find the corn cob media is a bit more absorbent than walnut shell.

With over 15 percussion revolvers I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap & Ball

If you do not subscribe to a newspaper you are uninformed. If you do subscribe to a newspaper you are misinformed. Mark Twain

#3144868 - 04/15/18 11:52 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
sll Online
Seasoned Member

Loc: Tennessee
Thanks for the tip on this recipe. I mixed some up and it works great.

#3174044 - 11/27/18 11:19 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Predzys Offline

Loc: IL
Will take note of those tips

#3189158 - 01/28/19 08:46 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: Predzys]
Don Fischer Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Antelope, Ore
I don't understand the reason for making your own formula for sizing lube. Even the most expensive stuff, is it really that expensive? Is it really a better lube? How do you know?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Matt1953 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.